Project restoration - Trackcar to comfort

Brad1992

hey guys, i got this arosa last week and haven't regretted it since :)

here's a few pics of my car after its first little wash

18082011780.jpg

18082011778.jpg

Right, so after about 2 days i decided that the black wing mirrors weren't cutting it with the white car so..

19082011782.jpg

DIY budget build :)

and a cookie for you if you can guess what my pride and joy gets used for...

21082011786.jpg

When i bought the car it came with a Complete custom made rollcage from OMP in italy, it also had a recaro and another carbon fibre bucket seat! I also met up with my friend the other day who recons that the cars been remapped by AMD hence the sticker but no idea how to check, apart from that it has a lupo rear bumper, coilies and 17" wheels with low profiles!

plans at the moment include:

- unrollcage and bucket seat it - Back to standard

- colourcode interior black and white

- small black wheels (hopefully something nice but im on a budget) - 17" low profiles are too big!

- standard front bumper Smoothed

- standard headlights - morettes are marmite and i don't like it!

- Completely slam the car!

- stickers - i know, but my old car was coverred so i've gotta have some!

More ideas welcomed - feedback welcome too :)

Edited by Brad1992

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's some of the interior next is coming later in the week, looks like my dads living room has become a breakers yard!!

21082011785.jpg

21082011784.jpg

Will you be selling the rollcage? May be interested.

Ignore that I've just come across your add on the market place.

Is it a bolt in cage?

Edited by robbig

yeah i think thats it :) - anyone got ideas for what i could do to the car?

do really want it gone, will be sitting in my living room, PM me :)

Sorry mate, bolt-in wont do for mine. I want the front arms that weld onto the spring top mounts. I may have to go custom, I need as much strength as possible.

update time!!!

Right first day off today so i went over to kent and collected rest of my interior including seatbelts and headlining!

Once i got back it decided to rain for half the day so i'm behind schedule and am suppose to be going to work tommorow evenning lol, but here's how much cars looking inside!

25082011790.jpg

My dad did a 4 hour round journey to go collect me a set of lupo sport alloys for £70 with brand new tyres which he thought was a bargain :)

Whilst changing these i realised that the front wheels lent in an awful lot, when i took them off i'm not sure if the hub is suppose to look like this but here it is..

25082011792.jpg

it's got 5 holes and one is plugged with a screw ..?

suspension at the front is like this

25082011793.jpg

but as this is my first car with coilies im not sure how to lower them! Help would be appreciated as i wanna take out the adjusters for 2 weekends time!

Rollcage was welded in contrary to what the seller told me so time for some fun!

25082011791.jpg

Interior in tommorow i hope :P

Will keep you in touch, lemme know what you think!

thanks mate, any ideas on what to do? my cars sitting pretty lows, removing the skirts, standard bumper and lights, but after that i don't know! Wanna get my lupo sports done in black :)

I recon get the body back to standard, get some nice wheels and it sitting nice, then just clean the hell out of it. Cars like that look good in my eyes. But as you will be told, it is your car, you do what you want with it ;)

BTW a word of advice. Before you adjust the coilovers, clean all that dirty copper grease off, clean the threads and then re-copper grease them. That will stop the coilovers seizing or the threads getting messed up.

Edited by Newnesie

yeah, trying to gauge an idea of what to do! I wanna do a white/black colour coded interior and exterior but will keep that till i've got a functional interior!

Alriiight :D so forgive the crappeh photo quality as it's dark but i wanna show you guys the car

25082011796.jpg

25082011797.jpg

looking pretty low but can go down ALOT more at the front!

25082011798.jpg

all my spare wheels - a set of 17's im selling and my two steels

25082011799.jpg

My poor dads living room looks like a breakers yard!!

lol, stupid rain meant i couldn't have my interior done for today :| looks like day 2 will have to persist through the stupid rain! Sunny all week, gets to when i need to work on the car - RAIN!!!

well the rollcage is being scrapped - i'm selling a recaro bucket seat with a little wear, it has runners and also harnesses but as of yet seeing as the car had nothing in it, nothings for free :P

Edited by Brad1992

may be tempted to give away some stuff i have left over if you can find out how to fit the poxy seats in the car, noones responding :(

Im guessing you have grinded out the 2 bars that the previous owner has welded in to fit the bucket seats? Then it looks like it should just fit into the lupo runners.

Also, depending how you took the cage out, don't scrap it. Even if it needs work to fit into a lupo/arosa again I am sure someone would pay money or it.