another young driver.........

Nathansmith_93

been getting quotes recently an insurance has gone mad most quotes are actually cheaper being on your own than your parents now if you cant use the ncb because its used on there car, so they all know you will be fronting would prefer my own policy anyway, best quote ive had is 2300(aviva) on a 1.4s lupo w reg and that was admiral on my own policy 18 in 2 weeks so ive been saying im 18 to get a realistic quote

ive tried

tesco

co-op

directline

asda

aviva

bell

elephant

adrian flux

swinton

tiger and all the comparisons

and more

anyone got any suggesttions for young insurance or is 2300 the best im gunna get ?

cheers

Sounds pretty good to me considering the times, when i was 19 after writing off one car (nobody else involved - "mechanical" failure) got the lupo sport cos i was quoted 2400 for a 1.4s own policy fully comp and 2800 for a sport, so went for one i assumed i would enjoy more - and i do - as soon as i reached 20 after a few months of ownership, insurance dropped to 1800 and come november, with any luck it should drop to just over a grand.

my own policy with my dad as a named driver as it brought it down by another £200

my parents add 200 to my premium! insurance is just random numbers!

I'm only 18 myself and I used coop insurance for my 1 litre it was £2200 full comp and that's on my own policy with my dad as a named driver as it brought it down by another £200

might have to look into coop for my insurance.

have you already had a full years no claims?

Cool and nope this is my first years driving. Was about £4000 on website then I phoned then up and it came down to £2200 for some reason.

Coop also do something that you have a tracker fitted to your car so they can tell how fast your going where you are etc... Bit of a pain but it's supposed to be cheaper.

Did the nut behind the wheel come loose? :tongueout:

bit more complex, listed as mechanical because i had had a puncture on a front wheel and they tyre was replaced with one with a higher profile, this instantly caused tracking issues, so i was advised to move it to the back, then the back went round on a corner, on a standard polo at 30mph on a wet downhill s bend with poor road surface and storm drain covers. So it was listed as mechanical by the guy who inspected it.

i agree with the random number part because dont see tptf can be more than fully comp swintton quoted me 7000 lmao an asked if i wanted to go with them after.......

did a quote to see how much 1 year ncb would drop my premium an its goes to 1000 which i could deal with but first years gunna be a killer

Its because its a 1.4, im 19, first year of driving a 1L and elephant insure me for £1200, my mate, same age, 2 years driving 1 year ncb pays under 700 with admiral on a 1L, it goes down with time, but goes down more with engine size lol.

Its because its a 1.4, im 19, first year of driving a 1L and elephant insure me for £1200, my mate, same age, 2 years driving 1 year ncb pays under 700 with admiral on a 1L, it goes down with time, but goes down more with engine size lol.

That may be true for you but most people will find going from a 1.4 to a 1.0 will save less than gaining a years no claims. Bearing in mind there are likely to be lots of other differences between you and your mate which could cause differences in the premium too.

Agree with DarkStryder. Quinn Direct were the best when I was 17-19 years old.

Also worth asking about pass plus. I know Aviva reduced prices by 40% (back when they were Norwich Union), and that can save quite a lot when you pay £100 to do PassPlus (or what ever it is now)

Edited by pieface

Some of these quotes people are posting are rediculous. I can insure most cars at 20 with 2 yrs driving experiance and 1 yrs no claims for a fair chunk under 4 figure. I would be on my pedal bike if i was getting any of these quotes!

I would have agreed with this until 4 years ago when I got 6 Brucey Bonus points on my licence.

My insurance went up silly amounts. Last Mach I was looking for a new quote on my S13, best I got it down to (even though the points stopped counting back in december 2010 and come off this december) was a astounding £1750. All mods declared and like for like replacements though.

Insurance, all in all, is a scam :(

• 4 weeks later...

Nor do Admiral (Which means Bell as they are same company).

Dont try Admiral! They are a bunch of ******!

Tryed saying no licence to get out of paying even when did, tryed saying I had points not decleared and I had a clean licence. Paid out eventually 11months later!

Edited by Bikerz

i paid

£900 on a 1989 1.1L petrol renault 5 when i was 18 -----------------------Morethan

£700 on a 1996 1.9L diesel Renault clio van when i was 19------------- Morethan Van

£960 on a 1992 2.6L petrol Mercedes Eclass when i turned 20-------- Direct line

£650 on a 2000 1.7L Sdi Lupo and i've just turned 22 ---------------------Direct Line

All of these were registered to a very low risk postcode and the last two cars have had my dad on the policy.

• 3 months later...