Removing rear seats

Widelupo

At the bottom outside corners there is a latch, you need to push that round with a screwdriver until you can see the part of the seat frame, in the centre there are spring clips that you need to ping off, lift the outside first then remove from the middle job done,

The bases are just metal rods that you squeeze together to release.

This is what a (knackered) clip looks like. I wasn't very clever when taking it out. I've not had any trouble with seats coming loose after i didn't put it back in.

2636318286_a62d5f750a.jpg

This is what a (knackered) clip looks like. I wasn't very clever when taking it out. I've not had any trouble with seats coming loose after i didn't put it back in.

2636318286_a62d5f750a.jpg

Me neither, I have never put them back on.

How to remove the rear seat backs:

Firstly u need to bend out the centre part of the clip with a sharp screwdriver, then plier the clip out, (not that hard)

cimg6834.jpg

Here is the clip, do not lose it.

cimg6835.jpg

Now the outher part, slide the plastic claw back by pusing it with the screwdriver/

cimg6838.jpg

Then lift up to pop it out of the clip.

cimg6839w.jpg

lift up from outside and pull out.

Job done!

• 11 months later...

Thanks, thats helped me out too! Currently restitching the red gti thread with orange for my orange and black scheme, its taking ages!! xx

mine have been out 3-4 years with no problems at all. Actually it's better, because you can whip the rear seats out in under 10 mins and make for a rather large carrying area.