Coilovers

Fitted my coilovers last night (JOM bluelines, on a budget), and my standard GTI wheels rubbed on the springs and shocks themselves, on the front, so i've had to revert back to my steels :(!

Is this to be expected with the ET and width of the wheels, or is there an issue with the coilovers?

Also, what are the general rules with spacers, when will i require longer bolts/ Hubcentric B spacers?

Cheers, Ash!

Longer bolts are generally required when you go above 5-8mm.

This sounds strange though, considering that, at the end of the day, bathursts are standard Lupo wheels.

The only difference on the gti is the ball joint, which is about 10mm longer to give a wider track, which works by pulling the hub further away from the shocks/wishbones.

Have you tried adjusting the camber? If you're running loads of negative it could catch...

Edited by Cooper_GTI

We've set it up to have as much positive camber as possible, still rubs on the suspension! I guess the longer ball joint could be an issue/fix, as to why they touch... I'll have to invest in some 8mm spacers and hope for the best!

Edited by Ashh

Tyres are too big if they are 205/50's, people have issues running 195/50 on a lowered lupo! 195/45 would give a relatively straight side wall on bathursts

Edited by ministig