Anthracite Tdi - FOR SALE!

jpp19

Sold my lupo sport for a Tdi to save some money on tax and fuel. Got it for a bit of a bargain but it needs a bit of work doing to get it sorted. We have changed the turbo because the old one was chewed to bits, then it was running better but no where near as good as it should. So we checked the timing and reset it, it was 180° out before, so it runs much better now. I'm still not 100% sure that its running right as it goes into limp mode when accelerating up a hill, and the fault code it throws up is p1556, charge pressure negative deviation I think! And also it has trouble starting, it turns over and tries to start but just splutters and dies, I dont think the glow plugs are getting hot. But if I unplug the temperature sensor it tends to start much better (i have replaced the temp sensor). If anyone has any ideas of what might cause the problems feel free to let me know :D.

Anyway down to the pictures. I got it completely standard, I've dewipered it, added Cambridge lights off my old sport and lowered it the other day.

First off coilovers all the way down, this is where my brothers are at so thought I might aswell.
8a0d8fcf026c18d3290bf2325918d943f224dd4a
That ended up a bit low, and I'm sure it must have been sitting on the drive shaft, so up it went. Raised it 10 coils to start but the driveshaft still scraped on every left hand corner so put it up a fair few more coils. How it sits now, the driveshaft still scrubbs a little bit every now and then, but that should be okay hopefully, still want it lower though! :(
2011-07-31193800.jpg
2011-07-31193824.jpg
2011-07-31193809.jpg

Thanks for looking : )

Edited by jpp19

very nice! your brother must have the black sport with borbet A's yes? (think i recognise the houses over the road from his pics) very nice car you have there, just need to get all running smoothly! Front LCR splitter suits the colour beautifully!

Cheers :D. I've got some black compomotive th monos but they don't suit the colour so gonna put them up for sale and try and find a set that you don't see very often. Yer that's my brothers, I'm devastated his is a couple of cm's lower than mine Haha, thinking about a notch but not too sure how mot friendly they are : /

wont get on with new mot regs, but u may need to find a dub friendly mot person and enquire with them first. think they have to make judgement.

I know I was reading that and didnt fancy the extra £450 or whatever it was! Will probably enquire with the local mot tester, we take all the cars there so know them pretty well. Think I need to concentrate on getting it running 100% first though, I just don't know how they are meant feel accelerating and stuff, never been in a 1.4Tdi before.

Edited by jpp19

Yer it did lol, its been done alot but I think it makes the front look a bit more aggressive (for a lupo anyway!) and adds some fake lows. I've had to raise it again since the last pics cos of the driveshafts, and I think it has reverse rake now!

Edited by jpp19

• 4 months later...

Havent updated this in a while.....

Got some new wheels for christmas :D.

Hadn't seen them before and think they look pretty sweet! I just need to get some 20mm spacers for the rear and then some tyres in time for the summer.

2012-01-05122058.jpg

And a trial fit:

2012-01-05122040.jpg

Cheers :)

:shifty:

Hah, i wont be letting it get that dirty again... Its been a nightmare parking lately, can never get parked next to the disabled bays for extra door opening clearance.

I need new centre caps aswell, was maybe thinking porsche ones if they do them to fit, or just stick with some new RH ones, they seem a bit plain though?

I kinda wanted 8s for the back but never mind, the spacers should do the job, im gonna try and get away with not rolling the arches if i can. You might aswell wait if you dont need the cash, they are easily worth that! Can you not keep them for your next 'project'?

ahh i see, keeping it a secret then.

Cheers ill keep it in mind, i rolled them myself on my last one, wasnt a bad job but some of the paint flaked off, and it was a pain. Need the tyres and that sorted first :D

Been on a bit of a shopping spree lately :D. Bought a rear disc conversion for the rear and 280mm for the fronts off rich. So gonna get the rears on asap while I refurb a set of solitudes to fit over the fronts for winter. I bought an arosa spoiler the other day too so need to spray that up when it arrives :D. Is tiger seal the best thing to use to attach it?

Cheers, John