1.7 SDI cambelt change prices?

has any one had there cambelt changed on the SDI?

ive done 67000+ miles on what i think was the original belt. its not been marked in the service book but there are a few stamps with nothing ticked so i don't know?

but at what kinda mileage should i see about getting it done? and how much as a guide should it cost?

Volkswagen suggest changing the cambelt at 60,000 or 4yr intervals on all models (Lupo SDI included) I think....

If there no confirmation in the service book, have a look on the engine or cambelt cover - sometimes there can be a sticker there confirming date/mileage belt was changed. Failing this, better to err on the side of caution and have it changed.

The cost is likely to be approx. £250 upwards, depending where you get the job done.

Volkswagen suggest changing the cambelt at 60,000 or 4yr intervals on all models (Lupo SDI included) I think....

If there no confirmation in the service book, have a look on the engine or cambelt cover - sometimes there can be a sticker there confirming date/mileage belt was changed. Failing this, better to err on the side of caution and have it changed.

The cost is likely to be approx. £250 upwards, depending where you get the job done.

that's what I was thinking, one of my friends ran his megane up to 90k without changing belt (dad previous owner) and obviously when he got the car he had it changed asap, so i doubt its too bad at 67, the car is almost 12 aswell so i might get it done just to be safe. would be soo gutted to start it one morning and BANG, ****s hit the fan. where on the cambelt cover would it be?

is the sticker (Circled below)? if so then that has some German words and a date from april 1999, so either it hasn't been done or they haven't marked it.. hm

DSC00788.jpg

and as you own a SDI What is this red cable? & where did it go?

DSC00789.jpg

Edited by James827

booked in for the 26th. £250 parts an labour for cam belt, all tensioners and water pump without water pump it would a been £125. may as well get it done while the belts off :rolleyes: