Air ride

Dicey dub dave

back when i wanted to lower mine at JBSautosports they told me i couldnt have air ride, or hydraulic suspension due to the rear end being something like a solid axle? :S

dont know if im right or not guys,

but its their if needed,

^^ No there's a couple of Lupos on here on air. 12yan 1.0 and a red GTI from Glasgow area and "what was Carters" red Arosa TDI has been on air for years..

Probably more, but there's just a few.

:)

^^ No there's a couple of Lupos on here on air. 12yan 1.0 and a red GTI from Glasgow area and "what was Carters" red Arosa TDI has been on air for years..

Probably more, but there's just a few.

:)

aahh cheers silver!!

thought i had seen some pictures of some on air, cheers mate :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just been reading about this:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=396048

I found when buying air it was a lot cheaper to get it from the States.

I used Bagriders.com ended up saving about £600 than buying an equivalent kit from over here. I couldn't recommend them enough

The site, being American doesn't have Lupo or Polo listed, but worth dropping an email if serious to see if another kit would fit or whether they know of anyone else.

With them not having Lupo's in the states i reckon it would be very hard for them to give any advice. Bit of a thread hi-jack but how is air supposed to handle? Cant be anywhere near a good static set up?

Edited by bobbo

If set up properly with decent parts its supposed to be just as good, if not better than most coilovers.

But, as with any suspension set up, go past a certain point in lowering and handeling is always going to be a bit dodgey.

Edited by Deadmetal

Mk2 golf fronts struts are used for the Lupo. Nothing off the shelf fits for the rears. You have to use custom size rear bags wich cost a lot. And a decent 4 way air set up is better than coilovers. Same handling characteristics with O.E. Comfort levels. Win-win really