VWluporallytypeX - build thread

VWLupoRallyTypeX

HELLLLOOOO!!!!,

people its about time i made this as im posting way to many threads!!!,

everything to do with my car will just be done here on this one now :)

up to date news on my car - its stripped as images below;

imag0166g.jpg

5853682141_4788acfb75.jpg

the roof has gone aswell as some door bits/center console items;

5853690895_d589fd93e3.jpg

5854242008_3e7418f252.jpg

5853686641_4e1ea1d3bf.jpg

5854246672_8df33c0dc7.jpg

^^^ anyone know a easy way to get that black sticky crap off??

also link to my car on youtube ( exhaust sound only )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKlstEDA-c

lupowoods.jpg

^^for you photoshoppers, any chance of lowering this for me??

also engine upgrades,.....

am i right believing my options are;

1.8 20V Turbo ( whats involved in fitting one of these and is it worth it? anyone done one on here...)

1.6 Lupo GTI ( easy to fit? )

same with the lupo 1.4 100BHP model, the diesel engines?

thanks peepps!!

Edited by VWLupoRallyTypeX

Sounds good in the video, is that the standard exhaust just sounding like that due to no sound deadening?

no i paid 100 quid for a little back box from exhaust UK...

5853820975_abd7795b0e.jpg

its not that bad, just loud in 5 th gear at 70MPH, VERY LOUD!! :(

thanks

jordan :)

Uhm....33,768 :-), and I paid 1000 for it, my dad paid 3,500 for it and decided to sell as its to small :D and well first things first, car needs doing then ill put in for all my tests :) so probably looking at a 18month project just for the car (due to low income)

If anyone were this post, please help me :(

What's involved in fitting the below engines (what will i need/how hard is it)

1.4 16V 100bhp

1.8 20V turbo 150bhp+

1.6 16V 125bhp GTI

Or any of the deisel lupo engines, I don't know what litres are available and what BHP they've got and what valve they are.......

Apparenty the Polo GTI transplant is easier than the Lupo GTI. Not sure why, but someone will be along I'm sure.

I think you need to take a step back and think what you are doing with this car. You said you wanted it a a "starter" rally car. If you go sticking a 1.8 20V Turbo in it you'll be playing with the big boys and I assume in such a small car you may find it hard to put that much power down on the gravel.

Look into local clubs, classes and events in your area. Get to some events and volunter to marshall and speak to the guys who have done what you are wanting to do.

http://www.gomotorsport.net/en-GB/godrive/rallying.html

http://www.formula1000.co.uk/

Silver, I just thought if I put in a bigger engine it would save me upgrading later on....I wouldn't dare try using 150bhp on gravel in a lupo! But then, iv got the power their if I ever needed it,...maybe its best just looking into the GTI engines first then, cheers for your help mate :),

Don't you need to be a certain age to marshall or anything :o!?!?

I don't know, hence the suggestion to join a club, go to an event, talk to people who have been there.

I done some navigational road rallies when I was younger in a Hillman Imp; they are all about navigation and constant speed. All within road laws and 'one' was heavily penalised for early arrival at stages, great fun and a good way yot meet like minded people.

There was no such thing as the internet then, so I joined a club and found out that way.

The GTI engine was developed for the Super 1600 class anyway wasn't it? The 6 speed box would be perfect go my opinion because it is a close ratio box that will keep the revs up in the power band you Will want. The GTI boxes have a limited slip diff too don't they?

Getting into rallying is quite expensive and quite a bit of hard work, I read you are just looking at getting a roll cage and seats. Get yourself a fire extinguisher and a helmet and just go field racing it's much cheaper, easier and less hassle. plus that way you wont be flogged by scotty :D and also those clouds you are reaching for are a little closer :D