Flash Red 1.0 - Renault Turbines on!

Daniel Dewhurst

had great feedback from people about parts and just one week on and i have already got the slam panel, radiator, grill, indicators, and the passenger side wing!

headlights are in the post as we speak

and picking up a drivers side wing, bonnet, front bumper, indicator surround and bonnet catch, on tuesday!

so hopefully within two weeks of crashing it and just £290 on parts itll be back on the road!

well heres how she was sitting 2 weeks ago when she got broken.....

IMAG0702.jpg

looks much worse than it was and now all i have to get on is the lights, bumper and grill and that and itll be sortedddd, all for about £300, hardly what i needed but not too painful all in all!

will get pics of her fixed later on today :D

Edited by Daniel Dewhurst

wont be going back to kwik fit in a rush! bloody rubbish they are! went down to get the tracking and that checked just now, after about an hour of faffing about they came back and said the tracking is fine but the rear flag is out so they adjusted that. took it for a drive down the road and realised the wheel wasnt straight when driving in a straight line, bearing in mind this is what they were supposedly adjusting, which clearly isnt right, so we went back and told them and they started saying well we dont know how your car normally drives, but clearly it doesnt take a genius to recognise that the steering wheel is sitting wonky?! so after moaning they agreed to do it again and sort it out and after another hour and about 5 of them working on it they said it was sorted. just driven it home and im sure its still not right but i wont be going back there any time soon. theyre fitters, not mechanics.

I've never had a good experience with Kwik Fit. The couple of times I have been, my cars have been condemned by them! Saying I needed my whole brake system changed etc!

Little Lupo looks good. Wish I'd had as good a 1st car.

theyre just a bunch of monkeys at the end of the day, cant believe it came out worse than when it went in though, they like to think they know what theyre doing

thanks man, yeh im really happy with it, didnt think id be able to align everything as well as it actually turned out! the wings were a bitch to get out because theyre just cross head screws in the sill and door shut and that and theyve just been undersealed to death! had to invest in an impact driver and a good 50 whacks of a hammer just to loosen them up! got there in the end though! will get better pics up soooon

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

invested in a machine polisher! heres the results from today :) pictures dont do it justice! will get some decent pictures next week with wheels on :D

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1048.jpg

IMAG1021.jpg

and god knows how, but i came back to my car the other day and someone had done this to the rear quarter!! :rant:

IMAG1046.jpg

.....................................................................................^^^^^^^^