Flash Red 1.0 - Renault Turbines on!

Daniel Dewhurst

Here's my red 1999 Lupo 1.0e, bought completely standard! (blank canvas wink.gif ) When i started looking for my loop there was nothing really in my budget which wasn't a complete s*** piece, and then i stumbled across this on ebay, rung the guy, went and viewed it the next day, drove perfect, only a few minor bodywork issues, full service history, owned by some old biddy and now me! It's done just under 70k and paid £1200 and am really happy with it!It is completely standard but that'll soon change! I dont want to mod it a ridiculous amount literally don't have the money, i'm only 17, not even passed my test yet but hopefully the futures bright for this baby!

When i picked it up,,

Start1.jpg

Start3.jpg

Start4.jpg

Then the mods began....

- Debadged

- VW badges sprayed black

- BBS RA's (15x6 et35) bought

IMAG1041.jpgIMAG1044.jpgIMAG1050.jpgBBSRA.jpgIMAG1064.jpg

To do - Spray BBS

- 40mm on springs (no money for coileys sad.gif )

- Plenty more hopefully!Enjoy! biggrin.gif

Edited by Daniel Dewhurst

• 3 weeks later...

de-wipered smile.gif nice cheap job haha

IMAG0009.jpg

plan for the bbs is to polish the lips which is gonna take stupidly long but hopefully itll be worth it and then spray the centres black

if anyones goot any other ideas then id love to hear them biggrin.gif

got my test on tuesday aswell so youll see a lot more from me very soon!

just realised i made a mistake in my sig LOL oops

-Could remove bump strips on sides.

-Give it a good clean and polish to bring the colour out as best as possible.

-maybe tint headlights or spray the inside

Think you should save for coilies though :) worth the extra pennies..

Good luck on your test btw :)

yeh man i was planning to de-bumpstrip and black my lights :) ive just been lazy recently haha, i need to get out and give it a proper clean

we'll see about coillies lol, might just get some springs for now and upgrade when i have the money,, cant be riding like a monster truck for too much longer!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice base car, take your time and do it right first time as it's expensive doing things twice. I would start, as said above, by giving it good clean and polish to bring the best out of the colour.

You could go for a 60mm static drop, many people have run -60mm springs on standard shocks with no problems.

I had AVO -45mm on my Arosa and it looked like it should've done out of the factory.

Well done on passing your test!

yehh man i was thinking 60mm, i just ddint really want the shocks bottoming out when i went over the smallest of bumps haha. i need to get my bbs done before i do anything though, getting through all those grades of sand paper should be worth it! or i hope so at least :D gonna be a long job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well its been about a week since i started refurbing the bbs but the polishing was taking far too long and using way too much effort, so i had a change of plan... i decided just to go all black with a red lip so over yesterday and today i completed 2 of the wheels, all in all about 4 hours work :D

but anyway here we go, tell me what you think :)

IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

185219_10150378972254942_799469941_10579065_1395421_n.jpg

sorry about the rubbish quality, camera phone...

Bump strips are offf :)

IMAG0384.jpg

Also, I went to take my lights out the other day to black the insides but I couldn't get 'em out! Do you have to take the grill off or anything like that? To be fair, I only had a quick look but couldn't work it out! Any help will be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

got the dash off and sprayed it today,, once again its not perfect but its not bad smile.gif opinionsss...

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

awesome song! haha

was the centre console parts easy to take of and spray i am thinking about spraying mine gloss black also :)

yea stevo its easy mate il show ya how to get them off

• 2 weeks later...

opinions on which speakers to buy please! found a couple that im interested in but just really want peoples thoughts on which are a better option orr if you know of better coaxials in the same sort of price range then please let me know! :)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4579.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/13228.html

• 3 months later...

Hi, drove the motor into the back of a removal truck the other day and as you might expect, theyre pretty solid :reallymad: there was absolutely nothing i could do about it and the driver agreed that it wasnt my fault and luckily the damage to my car only seems to be body work. chassis legs are straight, engine is fine just the radiator got annihilated so im hoping to pretty much rebuild the front end!

So if anyone has a bonnet, both wings, bumper, grill, both headlights and indicators, slam panel and a radiator, preferably in flash red (but will consider others as a good price), then I will be very interested!

was the centre console parts easy to take of and spray i am thinking about spraying mine gloss black also :)

The centre console is held in place with 3 T25 torx bolts, remove your stereo, there is one either side of where the stereo fits and one right in at the back. Gently pull to remove. The T shape piece that runs under the window screen is plastic welded to the dash, use a long flat head screw driver to gently prise it off, the plastic welds snap but are not essential as the piece has three clips that secure it to the dash.

Hope that helps. Alex