From the yellow side... - ...to the grey side. The search is over.

Friends, new people I don't know, it is over, my questions, asking for opinions on this and that, what colours best, whether to leather or not to leather, air con or cook etc etc is now at an end. I have joined you.

It was close, I came very close to ordering a Smart Roadster in October (lovely little `motor-with` 125bhp it would be perfect) and the last month saw me flirting with the dark side. A cooper S. However, it felt no quicker than a Gti, and was undriveable around town. ****y run flats.

I went into the new dealer in Cardiff at the start of Jan, curious to see when was the last time you could order one before production stopped. I dealt with a numpty who then told me that you couldn't get air con or leather on the Gti. She was looking at the wrong column in the spec list. Hmmm.

I wasn't impressed, got tempted by the mini. A week later I got a call from vw customer service asking what I thought of the new dealer. Told them it was nice except for the slight confusion and the fact you couldn't test drive a Gti as they were (relatively) rare.

Just before the end of jan I got another call out of the blue. Was a guy called Michael from the dealership, said they'd got a black gti in and wondered if I still wanted a drive.

Despite the fact I've driven 3 or 4 now I accepted cos I was impressed with his call and on Sat I took the girlfriend down for a gander (purpose of the drive was for her, I know they are kick ass little cars).

This post is already getting long but to cut a long story short he really wanted to sell me the black one, but it had no air con and I didn't want black, so, we came to a deal on a new one. Grey anthracite (always knew I would go for it!) with aircon and the black interior. Got about £850 off, which is almost like getting free aircon really, trade in on my punto wasn't great, but it has done 52k and is starting to feel very shagged.

I'm kind of numb, as the more senior members will remember I've been on here since summer 2002 banging on about getting one and always either missed out of a good used one or couldn't afford it at another time, it doesn't feel real at the moment. I'm so excited biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Look out Cardiff (home), Dudley (home home),Aberystwyth (g/f's uni) and especially those on the roads of wales and shropshire.

Was going to have it on March 1st (a monday) but the girlfriend wants to be there and is still at uni and can't afford to lose a week day, so I think it will probably be the following Sat I pick it up, the 6th or something.

New username required I think :thumbs:

Woohoo!

You don't have to have been around long - you just need to be sad enough to read all the old posts in the forum to realise how long you've waited!!

Great stuff :thumbs: - can't wait to see it sometime.

If you fancy running it in, might I suggest a trip to Northampton to show it off? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
He picks it up March 6th, Northampton is Feb 22nd

I never had more than about 10mph out of mine in reverse ???

D'oh!

Unfortunately I sold the Delorian on to get my Lupo. Haven't fitted the flux capacitor yet as apparently it's not road legal and my insurance company won't have it.

Have to wait then!

Thankyou twisty and everyone else, it has been a long wait smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The day can't come soon enough, especially as the pads and rear tyres on the punto needed changing a month ago, eeek.

Been looking at stereos today, but can't afford it till after I pick it up, so for the first few weeks I'll make do with the tape player and my iPod.

BTW, anyone got any pics of the grey/black interior, Crusoe, you've got a anthracite one, any pics of your interior? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

will keep a eye out for u !!, lol,

i see by for photo's you also have gone from fiat's to vw, had 3 punto's in the past, had a n reg 75sx, then a R reg sporting then the R reg punto gt turbo, , nice cars but alot used to go wrong with them, espeally the rear arms, (nothing to do with my drivin honestly !!)

Punto's been pretty good for the most part, the first six months were a pain when everything seemed to stop working and the dealer could never fix it, in the end the problems just went away. Very attached to the car now, and we'll (the g/f has now decided we've been together for long enough for her to call it 'ours') miss it dearly.

Its been a trusty friend has taken me all over the place (52k all over the place) and has rarely stranded me anywhere. However it never felt as fast (even though it was much faster) as my old Cinq, which was a total hoot to throw around. If anything the Loop has always reminded me of a luxury cinquecento biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

HOORAY!

Finally...finally....finally smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm sure you'll love it. I know you haven't been posting on EVO much anymore, but if I don't see you at a Lupo meet (hoping to make the Northampton one guys, in my broken car) hopefully you'll bring it to some EVO meets...My Loopy loved Shropshire smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And if I stop being mad, and decide against an RX8/LCR, and I I decide to get all housey, then I could do without a car loan...so I need to buy a car for under £10k in the summer....hmm...what falls into that bracket? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(MattyB)
HOORAY!

Finally...finally....finally smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm sure you'll love it. I know you haven't been posting on EVO much anymore, but if I don't see you at a Lupo meet (hoping to make the Northampton one guys, in my broken car) hopefully you'll bring it to some EVO meets...My Loopy loved Shropshire smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And if I stop being mad, and decide against an RX8/LCR, and I I decide to get all housey, then I could do without a car loan...so I need to buy a car for under £10k in the summer....hmm...what falls into that bracket? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Thought you'd be please matt biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I still check out evo, still intouch with cefski and mattjd now and again, and you through here. Am thinking about posting in evo but having been popping in now again it doesn't look much fun.

Whats up with the Elise then, I missed this...