`De-cat` / `De-pre`-cat

tdwindustries

to take the precat out is done by using a big hammer and a screwdriver combined with a drill with a hole drill attachment and lots of cursing !

main cat you actually have the cat taken out then have a section of exhaust pipe welded in to replace the missing cat.

ross has done both , we did the `pre-cat` at his house, it not that hard , but can be a bit frustrating

thanks boys. yeah cats simple enough as my MOT station has said they will do it - what sort of mod would they need to do so it would go back in?

I have seen pics of `pre-cats` being removed in other cars, but not the old lupo. so you dont need to do anything where the `pre-cat` was, it can just be straight through?

I think you'll end up with your EDC light on after doing this wont ya?

How do you go about mounting the lamber?

Is it a case of mounting it into the replacment straight through pipe?

Not that I wanna do it, just intrested biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah, I believe the light usually goes on...

The pre cat is just after the main manifold then a little way down you get the main cat...then another chamber (i think the `anti-explosion` chamber or something like that) then the back box.......which is huge.

An expensive alternative is to get a more '`free-flowing`' cat replacement which won't alter the lamber readings and prevent the dash lighting up like a christmas tree......

I removed the Cat on my old motor, but the Lamda sensor was on the actual unit which I think is what you're talkin about here.

Powerflow sorted it out for me, but had to drill and tap into the new straight thru pipe so they could screw the sensor back in. Essentially the sensor 's still in the same place and doing the same job, even tho the gases are encountering less resistance etc.

nutters!!

check engine light will stay on if u have `de-cat` pipe fitted!

there r 2 sensors, first one is just before the `pre-cat` and second is screwed into the cat!

powerflow were'nt sure were to do mine in the end but i told them that the light didnt come on lol. U do realise that the exhaust system will be alot louder once u have taken out both these cats!!!