Help clock/mileage wont go off when ignition off??

I have a vw lupo 1.0l 03 reg and a problem as started with the mileage and clock display on the dash wont go out. when i turn the engine off and close the doors it still stays on leading me to have a flat battery any ideas what to look for??i bought a starter switch unpluged the one in the coloum and pluged the new one in and still the same.??

Thats how its supposed to be! The mileage is always shown on the clocks on a lupo, same as on my old 6n polo.

Thats how its supposed to be! The mileage is always shown on the clocks on a lupo, same as on my old 6n polo.

are you sure?when you take the key out and lock the doors the clock/mileage should go off after 10sec or so.?

yup! had my lupo for just over 6 years and my polo for 5 years, and the display was always on in both cars. Its only the newer vw models (ie mk5 golf, passat ect...) that the display disappears.....

It stays on, i don't think this would make your battery flat unless you are running it on double A's. Is there anything else it could be? an amp for a sub?