Lupo Models in club - ...again!!!

gargoil

Lupo Models in club - ...again!!!  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be getting it on limited mile insurance of 5000 per annum, the service costs are something else! U get the horror stories about every car there are plenty of tvr forums where people have had a tvr for a few years and had less probs than I've had with the Lupo, suppose it's just down to luck/how you take care of it, not as if I'll be relying on it as my main car!it'll be interesting! Quite fancy a yellow one!

Is Oban not down for you? What boat you got Crusoe, do a wee bit of sailing/ surfing off Largs occasionally!

@ Crusoe,

If it wasn't for you i wouldn't have bought a lupo GTI, I'd only taken my bora in to get a few problems sorted out when I seen your lupo sitting in the show room. I like to think i can blame you for my inpulse buying:D

I'll still give you race, just as long as you give me enough time to save up for the rothe motorsport turbo kit. 222bhp in the little loop should give the s2000 a good run. Either that or i'll get a shot of my mates mini cooper S works.biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

my boss has had many a TVR, Griffith, chimeara, Cerbera and a Tuscan and he kept them in pristine condition, the only one he didnt have as many problems with was the Griffith, the main reason for buying so many over the years was the whole ive got the lastest TVR out thing, but i think it was the service costs that was the final straw for him, he now has a more practical car at the moment 996 Targa with a 997 on order...the way the others live eh

@gargoil, PM me your `e-mail` and i'll send you a buyers guide I got for the grif, major components are the same in both so should give you a list of things to look out for.

@Kev, think i could take a coopers works in the dry, would probably be close though, maybe depend on how fast the road was. You can't help it if you have impecable taste, you just had to follow my trend setting example. :cool:

QUOTE(gargoil)
I'll be getting it on limited mile insurance of 5000 per annum, the service costs are something else! U get the horror stories about every car there are plenty of tvr forums where people have had a tvr for a few years and had less probs than I've had with the Lupo, suppose it's just down to luck/how you take care of it, not as if I'll be relying on it as my main car!it'll be interesting! Quite fancy a yellow one!

Is Oban not down for you? What boat you got Crusoe, do a wee bit of sailing/ surfing off Largs occasionally!

@Gargoil, grandfather has a 25 footer at fairley so know my way round largs quite well, even had the odd knickerbocker glory there :wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />: Did my RYA courses on little cumbre many moons ago.

Just looked at the map, Oban is almost due west, nice road but might be mobbed on the holiday weekend. Planning to head down to the whirlpools and round gigha and maybe up to mull if we've time.

I run a business at Fairlie marina, and live in the countryside nearby, do a bit of windsurfing between the marina and cumbrie, Whats the boats name? who does his maintenace?, is your grandfather one of these guys that drives in and out of the marina in a Ferrari as there is a few of them I see going in and out....rich gits.....

lol, no not quite in that bracket, he's got a beat up old fiesta haha. He's got one of the moorings off towards the powerstation side, bit of a row out.

I've an uncle who does fiberglass repairs at one of the places further up the clyde so he winters it there and they keep it going for him. Propper sail boat so there's not much maintenance needed other than that anti fungal paint.

That'll be the cheap bit then, must be doing alright if he can afford to keep it in there, nearly bought a boat befor but think the novelty would wear off soon , due to the crap weather around here!

damm!!!??£$%^, that tVR place can build you a 5.2 V8 if a TVR doesn't have enough power to satisfy you!

it's his only toy, think the running costs are almost as bad as a nice car by the time you pay the slip fees etc. nice to have to take the family out in though. Think he'll be selling it soon though, he's getting too old to use it on his own so doesn't really get enough use out of it.

Forgot to say that, on that Toyota forum we were ripping the pish out of the slow ass Yaris owners I went into the Supra section and asked about advice about buying as it was one of the cars I was maybe going to consider. Didn't get one single reply, friendly bunch, so don't think I'll be considering a Supra any longer!

Probably didn't help my username was LUPO GTI MOTHERCRUNCHER! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

hahaha, guy at work has his supra running 450bhp before he adds his 100 shot of nos. Only cost him £8K for the car which already had some jap tuning done on it, don't know about the history but it's been running great for him, it's a complete beast (11sec quarters etc) attracts the police everywhere he goest though, black with a bad boy body kit and a huge wing.

does have exhausts you can get your fist inside, not recomended when it's spitting flames though. Had to pay for someone's bumper after parking too close and grilling it when he started up lol

• 2 weeks later...