Yellow Lupo 3L front end - Taunton

jabbles21

There was a bald man driving, and he was having a good look at my car and I think he gave a nod. I didn't see a green 3L badge on the back, and i didn't see the wheels that were on it. Looked lowered, tinted windows and i'm fairly sure only 1 person in it and he was on the right.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply, but I think this was probably me you saw.

I quite often go to Taunton in the Lupo, especially at weekends. I regularly wave at other Lupos, especially yellow ones. I think I remember seeing you as I was on my way into town.

The car isn't lowered, but it may have looked that way due to having a set of Golf R32 brakes and half a ton of tools on board on that day.

I'm not sure who the bald bloke was though. But my hair can be quite short at times.

Haha sorry it was a bit dark, I couldn't make out your hair.

I'm sure you noticed me because you were looking for a while, just by the Mercedes garage.

Well anyway, Hello :) Where are you normally based then?

Jake

Yes. That's right, I remember now.

I'm based in Mid Devon, but my Girlfriend uses the Lupo to commute to work in the Mendip area. I get to drive it at weekends.

Well done for spotting it. I've only met one person about a year ago that knew what a 3L was. There was a guy at GTI International 2009 that asked me where I got my front grille from. lol

Almost everyone on here will recognise a 3L ;) Except for the new kids who get told that they have a 3L engine.

Haha I think it was the night I lowered my car and the yellow always catches my eye :P

And I don't remember that Mr. Newnes but that doesn't mean I wasnt there :)

Jake.

Well, we've done over 100k km of driving all over the place in the Lupo, and been to various VAG shows and other car shows, and have only had one person before that had to ask if it was a real 3L.

I did have a swarm of people gather around the car when I opened the bonnet at an Audi rolling road day, but they soon dispersed with disappointment once they saw the 1.2 TDI engine, not a 3 litre. :-s

I don't have any pictures here at the moment, but here's one of them that is already on the web. There are others here on the forum somewhere.

LupoontheLake1.jpg

There seems to be a good concentration of Lupos in Taunton. I'm normally driving something else when I see them, so I have to resist waving up most of the time.

There must have been something about your Lupo that made me look, in addition to the yellow-ness. I tend not to wave up at any old Lupo, as most seem to be driven by old dears. They normally flash and beep at me as I drive past them, but as most people, I think that's usually just because they're impressed with my overtaking. :-)