1.9Tdi conversion

AlexTRea

okay here goes :rolleyes:

Have finally decided to go ahead with this conversion.

Have been around garages today to get quotes and most have them have said they will do it but only if i can get the information on what is needed for the conversion my self so they then know what work they will be undertaking and this post is part of the planning and research towards this conversion. so this leads me to my question...

What do i need for this conversion, such as engine mounts and looms etc, i need a list and every detail/small thing needed to be able to put the 130pd engine in my lupo TDI :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

^ as above.

Little rich on here took his sport to a garage that seemed quite knowledgeable and asked them to put a 1.6 gti engine from a polo in it (one of the easiest conversions for a lupo). They were happy to do it and thought it would be well easy i think. It appears they hadn't done a conversion before lol.

They made a massive cock up and now he's had to take them to court to get his money back, he was also left with a car with no engine.

If they don't know whats involved don't get them to do it. Engine conversions are expensive for a reason.

thats just my 2pence

• 2 months later...

TRD - Turning racing deveolpments do a few TDI conversions they have a mk1 TT with a TDI. defoernatly worth a phone call. Great lads too, cant rate them highly enough!

Alex, if you want it in the car working precisely as VW intended with an install that doesn't look pikey, is local and will be just as reliable as he real thing, contact ACR near croft.

They won't ask what they need and they are a bit pricey, but there is a reason for this.

• 3 weeks later...

Na its a cooper.. Don't get me wrong it's a great car and its good fun to drive in the twistys it's just so expensive to modify and they are so bloody common. Just miss the lupo as I didn't finish what I wanted to do with it.