Anyone on aviva?

Newnesie

Hi all,

was just wondering if anyone on aviva has lowering on their policy? Just tried looking on the website and couldnt see any option for lowering under the 'modifications' sections. There were uprated brakes, arb, and something else, but nothing for Lowering. Is it a case of ringing up and asking? Or do they not insure lowering as a modification?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Tom

Forgot to say.

Brian from work is with Aviva, they insure mods free as long as you tell them and don't increase power. However don't get your hopes up and the mod's aren't replaced in the event of a bump!

Thank you, g'night, much love.

I'm with aviva and you have to ring up to get the lower part.

going totally against what jabbles said, it cost me to insure my mods and they told me they were covered lol. I don't think i will be going with the when i renew

going totally against what jabbles said, it cost me to insure my mods and they told me they were covered lol. I don't think i will be going with the when i renew

So you had to pay, but were covered in case of accident? I'm not too sure I will be either, just people like Adrian Flux wont insure me :(

If you had to pay can you tell me how much for lowering and wheels? You can PM me if you like, or not tell me :shades:

Youre welcome Thomas :coffee:

I text you, but had no signal so didnt send :(

Sorry darling :wub:

I may (probably) be wrong :( I have no first hand experience with aviva, just going by what someone from work said (may be billy bull****ting)

Jake.

I will thankfully be no longer with Aviva come the beginning of June this year. I will be completely honest in saying, if you can get a quote from elsewhere for £100 - £150 more expensive it's worth paying the extra. In my experience with them (thankfully for just 1 year) I've had problem after problem. They took ages (5 months +?) to activate my NCD and ended up charging me pretty much double the quote for a while until they finally got the act together and sorted it, bringing my premium back down to what it should of been. They then messed around processing the refund, refusing the put it in my bank account (excuse me, but if you take money out of my account I expect you to put it back in there, not try and fob me off with a cheque that you said could take up to 3 weeks to arrive). They offered no form of compensation in the slightest for the amount of time I'd had to spend on the phone to them (which is not a free phone number) or that they had had my money for months, not even a tax disk or pen. When I phoned up to get a quote on some new cars, the person (most of the time you will get foreign call centres once you have parted with your money) was difficult to understand and made getting a price a complete waste of time. The first 2 cars they refused to insure me on (a Skoda Fabia VRS, Lupo GTI), then when it came to an Arosa Sport he wanted me to go on hold while he could verify my NCD again. What is even more amusing is that the Seat Ibiza TDi 130 Sport has the same engine and performance as a Fabia VRS, is more of a hot hatch and they will insure it! I will never, ever recommend Aviva to anyone for the absolutely appalling "customer service" I have had the displeasure of recieving. You'd think giving someone nearly £1000 a year and then not making a claim would make you quite a valued customer? Apparently not. It did amuse me when they sent an email with a price for renewal with them, despite me telling them they'll never get another penny out of me. Then spoke to them using the Live Chat feature and am now awaiting post from them confirming I will not be renewing. I will say this though, so not to appear completely biased. The girl who served me when getting the original quote was an absolute star and the guy in live chat wasn't bad either. Not enough to refrain me from posting this though, based on my experience overall.

im paying £4000 a year for my 1.4s lupo with mods declared

You sir are stupid. I'd rather have the indignity of riding a scooter than paying that much

I will thankfully be no longer with Aviva come the beginning of June this year. I will be completely honest in saying, if you can get a quote from elsewhere for £100 - £150 more expensive it's worth paying the extra. In my experience with them (thankfully for just 1 year) I've had problem after problem. They took ages (5 months +?) to activate my NCD and ended up charging me pretty much double the quote for a while until they finally got the act together and sorted it, bringing my premium back down to what it should of been. They then messed around processing the refund, refusing the put it in my bank account (excuse me, but if you take money out of my account I expect you to put it back in there, not try and fob me off with a cheque that you said could take up to 3 weeks to arrive). They offered no form of compensation in the slightest for the amount of time I'd had to spend on the phone to them (which is not a free phone number) or that they had had my money for months, not even a tax disk or pen. When I phoned up to get a quote on some new cars, the person (most of the time you will get foreign call centres once you have parted with your money) was difficult to understand and made getting a price a complete waste of time. The first 2 cars they refused to insure me on (a Skoda Fabia VRS, Lupo GTI), then when it came to an Arosa Sport he wanted me to go on hold while he could verify my NCD again. What is even more amusing is that the Seat Ibiza TDi 130 Sport has the same engine and performance as a Fabia VRS, is more of a hot hatch and they will insure it! I will never, ever recommend Aviva to anyone for the absolutely appalling "customer service" I have had the displeasure of recieving. You'd think giving someone nearly £1000 a year and then not making a claim would make you quite a valued customer? Apparently not. It did amuse me when they sent an email with a price for renewal with them, despite me telling them they'll never get another penny out of me. Then spoke to them using the Live Chat feature and am now awaiting post from them confirming I will not be renewing. I will say this though, so not to appear completely biased. The girl who served me when getting the original quote was an absolute star and the guy in live chat wasn't bad either. Not enough to refrain me from posting this though, based on my experience overall.

Ouch. A good review! I know who to steer clear from in the future! Haha.

Wow, thanks for the reply. I have to say though, the customer service I have received after has been second to none! All my issues have been solved quickly, not to say I have had many. Also earlier they have sorted out my crack in my windscreen by booking me in for a replacement with autoglass on friday for £75 which i didnt think was all that bad. We will see when it comes to renewal which policy I can get which is best!

Im with them and havent had any problems so far and its half way through the year... everything was sorted at the start of the policy, I pay £700 fully comp with 1 year NCD

Im with them and havent had any problems so far and its half way through the year... everything was sorted at the start of the policy, I pay £700 fully comp with 1 year NCD

That seems like a very fair price! Can I ask your age? and you say everything was sorted, I guess you mean lowering, alloys etc?

You sir are stupid. I'd rather have the indignity of riding a scooter than paying that much

i work hard for my money and can afford to pay this amount, yeah its alot of money but at the end of the day its my choice to pay it, i wouldnt give up my car or put it back to standard for anything

Ouch. A good review! I know who to steer clear from in the future! Haha.

Glad it was of some help.

Wow, thanks for the reply. I have to say though, the customer service I have received after has been second to none! All my issues have been solved quickly, not to say I have had many. Also earlier they have sorted out my crack in my windscreen by booking me in for a replacement with autoglass on friday for £75 which i didnt think was all that bad. We will see when it comes to renewal which policy I can get which is best!

Tbh they couldn't of made much more of a hash of it if they tried so I suppose you got lucky.

I was with aviva - i won't be again. They are useless when trying to cancel policys.

Hopefully they have got the message on my refusal to renew with them. Wouldn't want to be them if they havn't.

I have used them twice, once under their fore runner "Norwich Union" I dropped them after a year as despite not making a claim the premium rose.

I returned to them as Aviva this year solely because they were the cheapest that I could find. Having said that when someone shunted my car in December it took nearly £100 of telephone calls to sort out. When the repairs were completed the repair centre contacted me at 1630 to tell me I could collect the car, I went and got it back but was not able to get the Enterprise car back to the rental centre before they closed at 1800hrs. I returned the car at 0900hrs the next morning but was told that AVIVA had "dehired" the car the night before it took yet more phone calls to sort that out. They keep you on hold for way too long, when they deal with you generally the staff are courteous and helpful. They did sell the details of the accident on to several accident victims companies which means that I am plagued by pointless calls and text messages even now 4months after the event.

The last straw was when I changed the registration number on the car. Having done that before I knew there would be an admin fee which I have no issue with. But AVIVA actually increased the premium by £90 as they reckon private plates are more risky than normal ones! I changed the number plate on my old Lupo under Admiral and had no such issue.