Just got a good camera :)

jabbles21

I've managed to convince my dad to get a new camera so he's just bought a Canon EOS 500D.

Which means I get his 350D! :)

I know it's a bit old now and it only has the standard lens that came on it, but having only previously had some cack bridge or compact cameras it's a nice step up.

I'm just learning the controls of the camera really - there's a lot to it! :wacko:

Does anyone else do any photography? Any advice for a budding photographer? :) I plan to spend some more time learning the controls and then when I have some experience closer to summer maybe go for something a bit newer.

Cheers, Jake.

Just do exactly what you already said, learn what the controls are so that you know what you're doing and understand what's going on and how to correct it.

It's simple once you get the hang of it ;)

yeah bog standard 18-55. I've always sort of been into photography but never had a good enough camera to put it into practice.

I'm messing about with depth of field at the moment, increasing the aperture (reducing the number) and then speeding up the shutter speed to compensate for the extra light.

And i've done the full auto stuff but find it doesn't always give the effects i'm after so i'm using the 'Av' mode at the moment, aperture is manual and everything else is auto.

I just need something good to take photos of! I'm revising at the moment so got no time to go out or anything really! :(

Jake.

I'd recomend a book called understanding exposure by Bryan peterson, it's a great read, easy to understand and some stunning photos, and you,ll soon understand the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and iso

Ray - He got another 18-55mm lens with his 500D and a 75-300mm too. I'm assuming they're interchangeable? :wacko:

And Adam - Yeah I am :) I'm enjoying it alot! I just feel like i'm not using the camera to it's full potential and there's so many features I don't understand :(

Jake.

When I do my 3D renders, it uses the exact same parameters as a Camera, and tend to render out any picture with a high focal length as it tends to look a million times better than lower.

But what do you know about 3D renders :coffee:

;)

Crumbs, got a few pennies there! I've only got three lenses with my 400d! Still trying to get the most out of my fiddy mil, but sucking at it!