GTi replacement

GtiJames

Picking up my new car tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the min but will try and get some up soon.

Gone for a 2008 (58) Renaultsport Megane R26 in Mercury Silver. 33k on the clock. Absolutely immaculate inside and out. Very excited to pick it up!

have driven a couple of these and they have a superb suspension set up. was considering one as a replacement for the beemer i've just sold but went all sensible in the end.

i'm sure you'll love it.

did you get it for a good price - lots of them failing to shift at advertised when i was looking.

Yeah I think I got it for a good price. Considering age, mileage and condition and the fact it's got 4 new tyres, new pads, fresh tax and mot, recently serviced. I got it for 10.8k.

Seemed reasonable in comparison to the others iv seen. Looked at 5 or 6 quite rough ones before finding this one.

Yeah I think I got it for a good price. Considering age, mileage and condition and the fact it's got 4 new tyres, new pads, fresh tax and mot, recently serviced. I got it for 10.8k.

Seemed reasonable in comparison to the others iv seen. Looked at 5 or 6 quite rough ones before finding this one.

yep every one i looked at had illegal tyres and shot discs/pads. only thing i didn't like about the car was the gearshift which was a little sloppy and a bit of torque steer from the LSD on some surfaces but otherwise superb.

i will own a renault sport at some point, just a matter of when. have to have a clio v6 at some point as well but the phase 2s are still commanding silly money for a good example.

enjoy sir.

The R26 is the 230, not a 225. The 225 F1 was a limited run of 225s which only came in 1 colour (blue). It didn't have the diff or the better recaros etc whereas the 230 R26 does.

Although as bantam says the R26 is widely known as the F1 as it's the proper F1 Team one.

Lal Ben your mates yellow R26 is what I have exact mines silver.

Got it last night and I absolutely LOVE it!!! Comfortable and quiet when cruising then bellows when you open it up, turbo makes an awesome noise as it spools aswell. Stupidly quick compared to my old GTi, don't know how I ever lived without a turbo lol.

Except mines silver* stupid phone.

And as scotty says the R26.r is the madman. Stripped out track weapon! Sounds unreal with the optional extra titanium exhaust aswell!

A mate had one with the titanium exhaust ( which was something like 2.5k extra on purchase) , and a few other bits plus a remap.

A really stunning piece of kit.

Weight and bore iirc. Think it was a 2.5k extra at purchase or you can buy it after for not far off 4k or 3k from ktec racing. There's just so many toys in the r26 I didn't have in the lupo that I'm trying to get used to lol.

Taken the "megane" badge off the back today and removed the bonnet carpet aswell as it kept rubbing the engine cover and getting it dirty. Plan to 3M wrap the mirrors and badges and then potentially wrap some interior bits!

I pretty much dislike all French cars but the Megane R26 F1 is one of the only ones I considered buying a few years ago when they came out.

Good choice and I have no doubt you will enjoy the ownership experience.

I have got so say, within the last decade or so, whilst a lot of other manufacturers have lost their way with performance models, RenaultSport have consistently come up with the goods.

Cheers all. I absolutely love it, I'm fairly certain that you couldn't get a better all round car for the price of one of these, it's absolutely blown me away coming from the lupo. Still getting used to how much speed you can carry into corners and I'm fairly certain I'd run out of talent before the car ran out of grip!