Best time to sell? - When to sell my Gti

Crusoe

Best time to sell? - When to sell my Gti  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m doing about 25K miles a year so my 8month old Gti now has almost 14K miles on the clock. I usually change cars every year or so but wondered what others thought would be the best time financially (for me, not for you to get a bargain) to change. A 3 year old gti with 80K miles on the clock isn’t going to be worth much.

If you think about it financially it would probably be best to sell while under 20k but I wouldn't, you've only had it 8 months, and I personally like to keep mine for a couple of years at least.

Personally I'm never getting rid of my gti, in two years I'll get something else and either give it to my dad to potter about in or let the g/f use it.

Could sell it and get another one or i'd be interested to see how much chris's new purchase is going to set him back, might make a perfect upgrade from the loop when everyone knows what it is biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Used to loosing money on them when I trade them in but try not to drop too much with a mega mileage, less than 30K would probably be a good balance of age to miles maybe.

I'll keep mine until I feel it's time for a change. Maybe about 3 years or so. I doubt very much if anyone will keep their Loop for 10 years+ unless they have no choice.

Don't get me wrong, I think my Loop is fab but there are other fab cars out there too and after a few years I would imagine most of us will be looking around.

Well i got mine 18 months ago brand new and have done over 30K in it now so mine is worth sod all. However i plan to keep it for years so will get my monies worth.

Also with the 12 year rust warranty and by looking after it, i cant really see what can happen, yeah it may need an engine rebuild around 100K but with a 180bhp rebuild its got to be more financially economical then selling and buying another new standard car modify and to depreciate!

QUOTE(zippy)
Keep it for yeeears & set a Lupo record for milage-

10 years & 1/4 million miles - thats a lotta fun!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

yours must be racking up the miles faster than mine, see who can run theirs into the ground first. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

keep and run it into the ground thats what i will do unless i win the lottery and buy a GTi

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />