Lenard my love affair

Lozza

Hi there, I've owned my little 1.4 16v for about six months now and I'm officially hooked :wub: ! I finished uni in september and decided I could get rid of my Fiat Punto (yawn!) and get something to have some fun with. I was after an S14a :shades: as my dad's always been into Jap cars but my boyfriend took me to Edition last year and I fell head over heals with the Lupo :wub: . I brought my red 1.4 16v X reg 'Lenard' in November completely standard and in a bit of a mess although mechanically sound with 40k on the clock. Now, when I brought him I have to admit I fit into the girly sterotype and couldn't do a thing to a car- literally! But I'm learning with Lenard and nobody is aloud to touch him (save the garage) unless I'm there to learn how/ what's going on! So since I've had him I've:

• Lowered him on TA Technix and taken the back adjusters off to get him as low as I can on them

• Brought some 15” Calibre Dubs with stretched Toyo Proxy’s

• Had the whole left side re-sprayed due to a very bad job previoulsy

• Had the back bumper re-sprayed

• Re-sprayed the black plastic on the front bumper

• De-wipered the back

• De-badged (still got the ‘VW’s’ on)

• Removed the rubstrips

• Fitted a Sony Xplod sub, amp and Ipod/ radio player

• Had the rear arches rolled

• Fitted a stubby aerial

• Stickered up my rear window

My plans for him are:

• Wrap door cards and roof liner in faux suede

• Fit wind deflectors... maybe...

• Fit bonnet bra (only for my regular commutes from Essex to Norfolk)

• Re-do my stickers

• Fully de-badge

• Bad boy look the front head lights

• Re-spray single front panel (it’s the only remaining panel thats not the right shade of red!)

• Get the dinks pressed out (from the previous owner- not me!)

• Roll front arches

• Fit black leather mk3 seats

• Re-spray roof, wing mirrors and petrol cap black

• Fit a boot build

• Fit electric widows

• Fit central locking

• Fit rear pop-outs

• Get him lower!

So that's me and my Lanard! I'll post some pics tomorrow, will be nice to see what people think!

Lauren x :)

Ooo then mk4 it is lol I really struggle with things that aren't too basic but that's half the fun!

Where's the pic's? You promised pic's. :angry2:

Sounds good so far. Not sure about all your plans for the beast, but hey, I'm boring.

...but if you don't do one thing; don't do the bad boy bonnet.

Oh and if you're going to spray the petrol flap black, get another and keep your red one to put back on at a later date.

I promise pictures later! Stuck at work right now. Ooo but I really like the bad boy bonnet, well I actually want a slightly dopier look (bless me!lol) but I can't explain it. That's a good idea about the petrol cap, I wouldn't have thought of it so cheers!

Pictures as promised :)

This is how Lenard looked after a good wash when I first brought him home

104_0289.jpg

104_0290.jpg

104_0291.jpg

The first thing I did was chuck some stickers on

104_0292.jpg

and take the rub strips off, but the following happened :(

104_0295.jpg

So... I'm pretty naff at taking pictures as I go but bascially, this is where I'm at now with my coilovers, wheels and decent paint!

104_0432.jpg

104_0431.jpg

104_0430.jpg

104_0428.jpg

104_0427.jpg

This is Lottie sitting with Lenard, she owns the back seats and goes everywhere with me :wub:

104_0425.jpg

104_0423.jpg

104_0422.jpg

104_0420.jpg

Would like to hear your opinions on it :)

Lauren x

Sorry, it's rubbish! Take them away :blink:

...just kidding, Looks good. I think job done, but I know you've got more plans.

Ghillie says "Hi Lottie!"

Cheers guys B) and nooo it's deffo not done yet! Look at the state of the plastic trim in the boot, things like that drive me insane! It needs a good tidy up inside and Lottie said she would love pop-out windows for the summer B)

Cheers B) on the car and dog front! I'm training her up as a gun dog at the mo as she's from working lines- we get some right looks when we turn up to shows etc in the loop :lol: we don't match up to all the 4x4's, especially with the coilovers on :D

Its the first wednesday of every month, 4th of may i think. Never been myself but its only down the road so why not.

Too right if it's only down the road for you! I'd have thought it would be a bit of a laugh :lol:

So for the last week I've been re-trimming my door cards, pillars and roof lining in fake suede; all the plastic trim -save the dash- has come out for a re-spray in black and on Sunday I'm getting my rear arches rolled and then on go my spacers :) plan is to get it all done for sunday so I'll post pics up once it's done B)

Well the side that didn't peel I just washed and polished, washed and polished and then washed and polished again! But the side in the picture had been damaged and someone did a seriously dodgey repair job- literally just spraying any old red paint over the glue from the removed strip then sticking another on top so the only choice I had was getting a respray.

Well the side that didn't peel I just washed and polished, washed and polished and then washed and polished again! But the side in the picture had been damaged and someone did a seriously dodgey repair job- literally just spraying any old red paint over the glue from the removed strip then sticking another on top so the only choice I had was getting a respray.

I think Im going to stick mine back on just to cover the crap on the car

• 4 months later...

It's been a while and I thought it is deffinately time for an update on my little Lenard (and seeing as it's come up a bit, no I didn't spell 'Leonard' wrong!). Sooo, I've had a bit of a change of heart with my plans and I've had an awful lot done since I updated this last, currently my Lenard is as such:

TA's

15" Calibre Dubs

Part re-spray flash red

Lower black bumper re-sprayed colour coded

6mm front spacers, 19mm rears

One set rear camber shims -1.5

Arches rolled and flared

Full back faux suede interior and black plastics

Two front Pole Position Recaros, black leather and black suede :wub:

No rear seats and custom false floor/ boot build with a fixed dog crate- for all the gun dog meets Lottie and I attend!

Amp and sub 'hidden' under the floor

Black roof, wing mirrors and petrol flap with red metal flaking :wub: :wub: - which in the sun is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

Rear pop-outs

Rear tints and some stickers

Before I head off to edition (for my birthday 4th sep- whoop!) I've got another set of rear shims to go on, an awful lot of machine and hand polishing to do (Dad got me ClearKote for my early birthday prezzie yesterday!), the boot build needs carpeting and I'm re-doing my interior to a higher standard in same black suede. I'm also taking the '1.4' and the '16v' badges off the engine cover and replacing them with 'Lenard' :). I've got a shark fin to fit and my wheels need to come off and be hand polished, waxed and I'm going to take the curbing ( :angry:) out if I can.

Lenny is looking lush through my eyes but I would love some opinion on him! I will post some pictures as soon as the rain eases but they won't do my paint justice- that needs seeing to really appriciate! :wub::)

So some ropey pics as promised (my bro's GF has got a smasher of a camera and has promised to take some 'real' photos for me!)

Sooo my new interior

My very very beautiful Pole Positions; the subframes were custom built for this, I then got the side mounts bolted to them and the whole thing bolted to the floor

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

So once that was done it was out with the old and in with the new

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

At the same time I was messing about with my boot build, I know alot of people are going to wonder what on earth it's about, but Lottie (the dog!) comes everywhere with me and I do not, under any cirsumstances, what her on my Recaro's! Which I know she would do if I left back seats in and used a doggy seatbelt- because she will undo it and sit in my seat wagging her tail- bless!... Sooo the boot build will allow her crate to be put up permenantly and safely, I can still have a decent sound system under the false floor and bacisally, for me, it's win win! Plus it will be different!

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Hopefully this will be finished tomorrow, carpet etc! :)

And now for me absolute fav bit of Lenny :wub: my custom roof paint! I have had this matched on my wing mirrors and petrol cap, and really, no pictures can show this, when the light catches it, it really is stunning! I hope the sun is shining for Edition :):wub: !

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

A little bit of before and after poke

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

I haven't really sorted out much of a build thread, which I wish I had done so i can't really demonstrate what I've done, how and when and show my progression, but I hope the point kinda comes across! :)

And just some rainy/ dirty pics from earlier today

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

I would love to hear some comments on this,

Thanks,

Lauren

x

Cheers! No they wern't but I figured I could always sell them... but I wont... lol to be honest I brought them and thought Uh! What have I done?! I need to get back into impluse buying shoes and the like, far more affordable! lol