lupo gti

bg02gar

Alright people :)

right, im about to buy this lupo gti, im 20 years old and i can not get insured for less that 5k lol!

evenn if i put my dad on it still cant get insured, is any 1 else on here around my age with insurance on a gti?

this gti is on coils!

help help help :)

There are people younger with GTi's I had mine when I was 18 and paid half that,

Insurance is different for everyone though, another person whos 20 way pay 1k doesnt mean you will be the same,

Does seem alot though have you got any previous convictions, accidents live in a bad postcode area?

• 4 weeks later...

Try adrian flux, I'm 22 4NCB an paid £570 on a Lupo GTI a couple of weeks ago.

Put your parents on as named drivers for some reason its halved mine an make sure you mention your on a forum, it gets you a discount, at the time I mentioned the astra sport forum as I have a vxr as well as my gti! So obv you don't even have to have the right car for the forum jus be a member...? Doesn't make sense. Sky insurance above didn't even bother picking up to me or calling me back...

Try adrian flux, I'm 22 4NCB an paid £570 on a Lupo GTI a couple of weeks ago.

Put your parents on as named drivers for some reason its halved mine an make sure you mention your on a forum, it gets you a discount, at the time I mentioned the astra sport forum as I have a vxr as well as my gti! So obv you don't even have to have the right car for the forum jus be a member...? Doesn't make sense. Sky insurance above didn't even bother picking up to me or calling me back...

How much is it on your VXR?

Why do you have these two cars? The VXR isnt much of a weekend car, and the Lupo isnt a cheap daily

Why do so many people hate VXRs?

No hate from me, I love the styling, as and Lal B3N says, the Remus exhaust on the Nurburgring edtn sounds fantastic!

I dont like the interior at all, and really dislike the throttle mapping. I found the steering lacking feedback (I assume its electric?) but on the whole dynamically it was decent.

I have only driven one on track, so couldnt really comment on its daily driving performance.

• 1 month later...

I'm with Admiral.

I'm 21, 0 NCB, had a claim against me and i've got 8 points for dangerous driving on my license.

£900 fully comp. :)

Thats cheap! Whos that with?

• 1 month later...

Why do you have these two cars? The VXR isnt much of a weekend car, and the Lupo isnt a cheap daily

Im using my lupo gti as my cheap daily.

Well its far cheaper to run than the TT and the SDI was too boring!

My insurance quote has just come in and it's gone from £159 to £231 for the GTI and £156 to £223 for the Dune

:o

is that your renewal notice though? They will always try it on with that. Im hoping to pay less than £300 for my GTI this year, and I bet Im half your age ;)

Mine stayed exactly the same as last year, which was pretty much exactly the same as the year before. :(

Brentacre don't put up your renewal price for no reason though, they said if I can get a quote from someone else offering exactly the same cover for cheaper, the may be able to price match it. Other places tend not to do like-for-like mod replacements though, and I couldn't really be arsed.

£560.

Got my renewal through and my insurance dropped by over half! With Admiral with mods declared it dropped from £2200 (was originally £1900 but mods pushed it up each time) to £1049.... I'm 19 with 2 years NCB.

:blink:

• 5 months later...

I'm with sky insurance I'm 23 coming 24 this year it's gone from 1014 to 1037 not a lot bt I think its rediculas and I have a claim against me bt have 4 ncb the claim was 4 years ago aswell, I'm hoping to move and get it cheaper as they are taking the piss reali!!!

I will try some of the places you guys have mentioned! Even though sky are bein silly with the price I can't complain at the customer service and help they have been good in that way bt still

Ritch

Im 19 with 2 years driving experience (1year NCB) and mines £898 Fully comp with 'Bell' on an 01 Gti.. Coilovers, wheels, exhaust, brakes all declared..

I live in a village in the lake district which i believe is category A (Low risk).

Mike