The sinking feeling when you pay out a ridiculous amount

DarkStryder360

I just made a rather large contribution to my hopeful future in the way of purchasing a new Desktop PC coming out at £850. Madness, but I needed it like I need my next bowel movement.

Couple that with a payout of £200 on a new Nintendo 3DS which I regret, considering the lack of games... FML.

Anyone else recently blown a ridiculous amount of cash, then moments later realising how much you actually just spent!!?

Petrol.

:lol:

Booked my first ever holiday with the missus on Saturday, wasn't a huge amount for an all inclusive holiday, but never the less, felt a bit weird to pay a huge amount out all at once!

I just bought a house , its killed me financially as im used of alot of disposable income

:lol:

Booked my first ever holiday with the missus on Saturday, wasn't a huge amount for an all inclusive holiday, but never the less, felt a bit weird to pay a huge amount out all at once!

Haha I will be going through the same situation later this year with girlfriend. I think the same about holidays, so much at once!

I just bought a house , its killed me financially as im used of alot of disposable income

Think this must be winning in terms of money involved. How much left...? Ha

I've regretted buying stuff, but never that soon. Most expensive thing i've ever bought is the lupo and i'm not complaining :D

Sound investment there that's why ;)

Paying our mortgage off in 2009. The strangest £100k ever bearing in mind we owned half of it anyway.

Might aswell lock the thread, IDGM has won.

And Dark Stryder, precisely! I think i could have paid double what I did and still be happy with it :P

Buying a house isn't so bad as you never see the money - it magically appears as a new bank account called "mortgage" with a massive negative balance as the money leaves the account & heads to the solicitors without you having to do more than sign a couple of pieces of paper.

The deposit for a house is a different kettle of fish entirely - that *was* your money and you've had to hand it over to the solicitors. Largest personal cheque I've ever written and not something I ever want to experience again! (Although mine was in 2 chunks - deposit on exchange and then the difference between my mortgage and the balance outstanding on the purchase price on completion - cheques for £17,000 and £28,000 + solicitors fees about 2 weeks later).

Before that, the biggest personal cheque I'd ever written was for the Lupo - about £7,500 after the PX for my old car.

(Biggest cheque I've ever written was for a client - £1,350,000 for their quarterly corporation tax instalment. Ouch.)

(Biggest cheque I've ever written was for a client - £1,350,000 for their quarterly corporation tax instalment. Ouch.)

It's good when you're spending that kind of cash and it isn't yours. The down side is that you know it isn't heading your way.

Buying a house isn't so bad as you never see the money - it magically appears as a new bank account called "mortgage" with a massive negative balance as the money leaves the account & heads to the solicitors without you having to do more than sign a couple of pieces of paper.

The deposit for a house is a different kettle of fish entirely - that *was* your money and you've had to hand it over to the solicitors. Largest personal cheque I've ever written and not something I ever want to experience again! (Although mine was in 2 chunks - deposit on exchange and then the difference between my mortgage and the balance outstanding on the purchase price on completion - cheques for £17,000 and £28,000 + solicitors fees about 2 weeks later).

Before that, the biggest personal cheque I'd ever written was for the Lupo - about £7,500 after the PX for my old car.

Awesome - I work in betting and it was kind of weird having 5 figures of cash in my hand once. Scary at the same time too. Agree with what your saying about a house deposit too, I did a similar thing with my Lupo. Borrowed some cash, paid it off so it didn't seem as much. Prefer doing that in some ways much more as it feels like less of a hit to a certain point.

Had a few moments really, £1500 in £20 notes for a mountain bike. 2nd hand too! Felt like i could of bought so much more :lol:

Over £1000 online for my PC and water cooling set up.

£1100 in recovery fees and road sweeper when i wrote the Arosa off then a week later £3400 for a civic type r replica which i sold just over 2-3 months later for a poxy £1400 :o

Then end of Jan, £6500 for the Punto. Now about to shed out for some brand new wheels which aint going to be cheap either.

Wasted to much money in my life, aint worth working out!

How did you manage to loose £2000 on a car that quickly? Tbh I find it hard to justify spending £2+ on anything, so for you to do that is in some ways horrific.

Dont worry about that, it's called living. There's no fun in being boring.

Fair point, I don't really "live" so much. Workaholic :).

Yep! Thats why im not working it out lol.

**** it though, first track day in diesel power soon so more money to spend :D

Track days... always wanted to have a go at them but can't justify the cost! Think it'd be a different story if I earned 3 or 4 times what I do now.

Depends low legitimate an accountant you are :lol:

Good answer :).

Traded it in as im lazy and couldnt be bothered to sell it privately lol.

Yeah they arnt cheap, im on the hunt for a 2nd set of wheels now, then spare brake pads and discs and tyres. Not a cheap day out, but so much fun :D

If you managed to sell the car within a month, I'd say you'd of done well. £2,000 for a month.

Edited by Revo

I once bought a bose Ipod dock about an hour after being made redundant, just to make myself feel better. It kind of works for about 10minutes

Edited by 2001gti

Ditto. And this is the second time round... didn't get any easier! £850 a month on the mortgage plus bills, fuel etc :(

I'm left with nothing at the end of the month especially now that fuel has gone up a stupid amount! :angry2:

£1100 in recovery fees and road sweeper when i wrote the Arosa off then a week later £3400 for a civic type r replica which i sold just over 2-3 months later for a poxy £1400 :o

what's the plate on the type writer wannabe?

Kid round our way is thinking he's the **** with a 1.6 CTR rep. Silver, reg starts KL03. He refuses to pop the bonnet cos the catch is broke.. :lol:

Had a few moments really, £1500 in £20 notes for a mountain bike. 2nd hand too! Felt like i could of bought so much more :lol:

Over £1000 online for my PC and water cooling set up.

Then end of Jan, £6500 for the Punto. Now about to shed out for some brand new wheels which aint going to be cheap either.

Wasted to much money in my life, aint worth working out!

You have made me feel so much better keep up the good work....

LOL