Best aftermarket suspension kit for UK roads

bantam1

I've just taken off coilovers and put on lowered springs and std dampers, i'm about 30mm down, the ride is reasonable a little harsher than my sport hatchhback but not much.
The coilovers were too harsh for my roads, as mentioned above stiff small coilover springs and harsh dampers produced a ride that was both harsh and jiggley at the same time.

All you really need to do is to take some of the roly poly out of the standard car a little lowering does that.

1 hour ago, carrera-gt said:

I've just taken off coilovers and put on lowered springs and std dampers, i'm about 30mm down, the ride is reasonable a little harsher than my sport hatchhback but not much.
The coilovers were too harsh for my roads, as mentioned above stiff small coilover springs and harsh dampers produced a ride that was both harsh and jiggley at the same time.

All you really need to do is to take some of the roly poly out of the standard car a little lowering does that.

Welcome to 2011 :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

I'll stick my two penny's worth in to this thread revival as I've just seen it :D 

Got the Bilstein B12 kit on my GTI (IIRC it's Eibach lowering springs (~30mm) and Bilstein B8 dampers). 

The ride is reasonably solid; it's worth avoiding potholes. One thing that did happen was that within 4-6 months of each other, both rear dampers blew their seals and needed to be replaced as they pissed out their oil. I rarely have people in the back of the car (probably 10 times max in 3 years) so I'm not sure it was this that caused it. 

Anyway, handling and grip is phenomenal with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. 

• Thanks 1