More Money Than Sense....

Mr Moley

Here's my build thread. Ive had the car since later november and ive barely driven the thing haha. Let me know what you think.

So after my previous car was written off in October last year....a 56 Plate Fiat Stilo that looked like this:

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

Crash Bang Wallop Some Idiot Doesnt Look Coming Onto A Roundabout:

stilo5.jpg

stilo2.jpg

I spent a small fortune on that car and this one isnt going to be much different. I wanted something small and nippy and there's nothing better than a 100bhp VW Lupo. Bought it in November last year as a fully wrapped matt black car completely standard and looking pretty **** to be honest.

From now on ill let the pics do the talking start to present...

DSC01577.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

DSC01585.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01617.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

Drove up the burnley to pick up these Steffan RS wheels a week or so ago, 8j et 15 fronts with 9j et 10 rears with a sick stretch, very bad condition but the dishes are being mirror polished and the centres sprayed in some random colour with black bolts sometime soon:

DSC01642.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Edited by Mr Moley

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A final snow foam and dry using my plush towels. Snow foam went all weird and zebra like on this one:

IMG_0034.jpg

And now the condition of the front end was revealed:

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

And after a long session of power gloss on a orange pad followed by final finish on a yellow pad followed by super finish on a yellow pad with a coat of black hole ontop and all windows clean, tyres dressed and sonus bumper dressing tidying things up and not to leave out autosol on the exhaust (no pics sorry) left me with this:

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Loads more mod's to do aswell as the spraying such as wheel refurb and cage and seats etc.

Thanks for looking. What do you think?

Got sooooooo much to get done in the next week it's unreal. Ill be updating everything with pictures don't worry but as for now i'm pretty much up to my eyes in it.

Someone sell me a gti spoiler or lupo sport spoiler please?

iv got a sport spoiler, the points on the far ends have broken off it but you could sand them back, same spoiler than the one on fattys gti and he has the ends sanded back too.

Looks sweet mate, loved my black sport but that met the same end as your Stilo :angry:

Steffans sit perfect, can't beat 9's with et10, those lips are a work of art, who did them?

Just don't paint the centres bloody black! :lol:

I honestly would have kept the matt wrap if i could have taken those lovely person red stripes off on there own but unfortunatly it took of some of the wrap aswell thus ruining it.

As for the exhaust, i did it while i was picking the new wheels up, the reveresed onto a ledge and the car got stuck so as i got of it im pretty sure it pulled the exhaust off the mount. Got a full custom stainless one being built with some lovely tailpipes soon along wiith my cage B)

A list of what's going on in that bodyshop:

Re spray of front wings, both doors, both rear quarters, rear bumper smoothed into one and sprayed along with completely flush and smoothed boot lid including upper 3rd brake light welded up and sprayed.

All arches grinded off and sealed and the centres of my wheels sprayed in snooker ball red!

Can't think of anything else.... :confused:

A list of what's going on in that bodyshop:

Re spray of front wings, both doors, both rear quarters, rear bumper smoothed into one and sprayed along with completely flush and smoothed boot lid including upper 3rd brake light welded up and sprayed.

All arches grinded off and sealed and the centres of my wheels sprayed in snooker ball red!

Can't think of anything else.... :confused:

Title of this thread...spot on ;) pics are a must!! whens she due to be finished?

Yeh this was the lupo from kent for sale on pistoneheads. I got it for super cheap as it has some stuff wrong with it but i managed to fix it all.

Car SHOULD be finished by sunday and as for the rest of it, it's another £2000 and i'm done with it haha! Cage and exhaust shall be done next week i hope!

Pics to follow this weekend!

Ummmmmm, £1800 for the car.

Then £600 the weekend after for suspension and bmc cda and smooth front end.

£300 for the wheels.

£120 on polishing wheels.

£650 in the bodyshop.

Bits and bobs for the car add up to another £150 or so.

£50 for the suede for the interior ;).

£100 for the new steering wheel and boss.

£3800 or so?

Cage and exhaust + manifold will be £800 more.

Then seats could be anything ranging from £500-£1000.

And a few finishing touches and i'll be happy with it. But then comes audio :ph34r:

Please don't ask me to write all that again....it hurts :(

Oh and i'm 18.