So UD...

iMation

So UD 2011,

Lets hear your thoughts on the show?

Myself, cant say i was very impressed by the "Inside" standard of the cars this year, i would say a good 50-60 cars should have definatly been inside, but the rest, very very questionable...

Saw some awesome cars outside.

Along with all the usuals it was good to see a Lupo/Arosa following there!

Well done to Mitch and Ryan for the awards, and the CL stand looked very good! shame there wernt more on it tbh...

Stu

Was a very good weekend all in all, driving up on the Saturday definitely made sense, no hassle at all getting into the show

(other than the speed bump at the holiday in :blush:)

beached_limo-754970-500x375.jpg

Same problem as last year the show sort of lacks longevity :wacko:, which isn't helped by the inside atmosphere, can't beat a good out doors chilling in the sun kind of show.

biggest disappointment for me was the lack of old school metal this year :( , There was a fair bit don't get me wrong; but the majority were the cars that you see there every year. although both of those mk1 Jetta's were the highlight for me :wub: .

60 plate Audi's dunked via air on rotiforms is just not for me at all :S

They are so new the paint is mint with minimal effort, as far as I'm concerned they are just big money versions of a 6n on £200 coil-overs and ATS classics.

Off the shelf, no thought.

As for 2 yellow S3's both on colour coded splits :lol: who'd have thunk it. I bet they were both so gutted when they saw each others car.

Club Lupo stand was fantastic :wub:

Fair few Lupo's dotted about inside which is nice to see.

no mk1 Arosa's though :(:lol:

FYM stand next year yo!

Edited by Jowey

I thought it was decent myself! lots of cars to see. I thought the standard was higher this year than last year.

There were still a couple of cars in there which i did question being in there.

I agree with you jowey about the new cars with just air and wheels, pretty easy to if you've got cash.

I enjoyed it on the whole. yeah I guess it got a bit boring after a couple of hours walking round the main halls, but I feel the same at any show - nothing much changes throughout the day does it? everything is set up and in place before the crowds arrive, so unless you're a proper geek and examine cars with a microscope, then you've taken everything in after a few hours surely?

that red lupo on tramonts, crazy low, quilted leather roof... OMG one of my cars of the show, awesome!! is he on here??

loved the show, its not all about the cars in my opinion.

its about chilling with your dub family and having a good old catch up after not seeing the majority since edition.

nice to meet lots of new faces. Pizza hut was mega as always.

and Jowey. The ride in the string roll cage was awesome lol. how many bloody films did we watch saturday night too!! :doh:

its about chilling with your dub family and having a good old catch up after not seeing the majority since edition.

nice to meet lots of new faces. Pizza hut was mega as always.

and Jowey. The ride in the string roll cage was awesome lol. how many bloody films did we watch saturday night too!! :doh:

I'm with you there the cars are only a small part it.

I def think if I go again next year I will come up early Saturday and do the full weekend thing.

My boy scout roll cage would have saved our lives if we had the misfortune of accidentally rolling the car

dismounting a speed bump.

As for those 15 minute film previews, can't help but think that must be exactly what its like to have sex with me. just as you start to enjoy..its over :coffee::lol:

My boy scout roll cage would have saved our lives if we had the misfortune of accidentally rolling the car

dismounting a speed bump.

As for those 15 minute film previews, can't help but think that must be exactly what its like to have sex with me. just as you start to enjoy..its over :coffee::lol:

I saw this and thought "WTF is that lol"

and

LOL!

It seems the string threw a lot of people.

Basically I took a second head liner up to sell to LGG.

To maximise visibility I had to 'string it up' against my actual head liner

Also probably a bit more comfortable than resting it on top my head for the 160mile drive :lol:

sadly due to my 'standards' most assumed my head liner was held on with string :huh: but no I just carry a spare

I enjoyed it, was a 4 hour each way affair, spent most of my day driving but I thought it was worth it in the end.

Completely agree with what's been said already and much prefer to sit in the sun and watch the cars roll past like the outdoor shows but this one is the only show of the year based upon the 'museum' format and it's nice for a change.

Also agree about the money = air and rims and it's done situation but at the end of the day, that's how the other half roll and I can still appriciate the wheel choice, fitment, tyre choice, ride height, overall look etc

To sum it up it was a great show, few surprise from ClubLupo with certain peoples suspension upgrades B) and other peoples retrims :wub:, and congratulations to Ryan and Mitch, shame there were only 2 Lupo/Arosa prizes really...

Next year I will be up on the Saturday as I originally intended to do this year and make a weekend of it/break the driving up a bit!

We traded there (first show) so we got to watch all the cars turn up and leave.

A couple of cars in the hall in my eyes should not of even been there! and it would of been good to see more old skool in there not 2010's!

Also......... HOW MUCH FOR BREAKFAST IN THE HOILDAY INN 22 pounds! :lol:

we were parked next to the yellow s3 on yellow splits that won a trophy, he could'nt believe it when another came aswell lol, also he mentioned judges were at some car's no more than a minute, and one said he wanted to get home :lol: the rain on the drive down ruined my bonnet and got road salt everywhere, other than that good weekend :)

Was a very good weekend all in all, driving up on the Saturday definitely made sense, no hassle at all getting into the show

(other than the speed bump at the holiday in :blush:)

beached_limo-754970-500x375.jpg

that was BRILLIANT!!!

FYM stand next year yo!

Dirty Stancing Stand next year!!!!

Diego and Oscar have a lot of work to do to get inside :coffee::rolleyes:

and Jowey. The ride in the string roll cage was awesome lol. how many bloody films did we watch saturday night too!!

Agreed! 10 minute freeview is where its at!

I def think if I go again next year I will come up early Saturday and do the full weekend thing.

As for those 15 minute film previews, can't help but think that must be exactly what its like to have sex with me. just as you start to enjoy..its over

:lol:

:blush::shades:

Basically I took a second head liner up to sell to LGG.

:blush: Sorry Jowey!

I thought it was a booby trap

sounds FUN!!

We traded there (first show) so we got to watch all the cars turn up and leave.

A couple of cars in the hall in my eyes should not of even been there! and it would of been good to see more old skool in there not 2010's!

Also......... HOW MUCH FOR BREAKFAST IN THE HOILDAY INN 22 pounds! :lol:

maybe Dirty Stancing could trade next year! :P or maybe share a bit of space with someone?