Changing insurers?

BlockHead

Right as it stands, I'm a named driver on my dad's policy with the car registered in his name and address, and kept at his place the majority of the time. At this moment in time with me being at college this is no problem to me, but I finish my A-levels in the next few months, and from then on I really need the car to be mine.

I want to know if we'd be able to swap from our current insurance company to another, halfway through a monthly direct debit policy? If I can how much can I roughly expect to be charged for the swap? I know my premium will probably go up if it's me on my own, or with him as the named driver this time, but I'll tackle that when I get there.

Co-Op get pissy on mods :( As it's 6 months into the policy alread (gone surprisingly quick :blink: ) I might just stick it out til the first year's up, but as I'm a named driver I think I can only use my first year's NCB with Co-Op again :confused: