My New TDI :D

rh203

Just picked this up for £3k.

59,000 miles, FSH, in immaculate condition, factory ipod adapter and starlites with 4 new Michellin Tyres!

Loving the torque and fuel economy so far!

5513473004_9595efde65_z.jpg

5513473536_fe96a5272f_z.jpg

5513473816_3249346f58_z.jpg

5513474134_88b74ec2c6_z.jpg

5513474484_0cc40106f5_z.jpg

5512879353_9b4d8bc489.jpg

5512879691_faee8c3eb1.jpg

Edited by rh203

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha - drove from newcastle to windermere as soon as I saw it as it was exactly what I was after. Not really the cleverest way to buy a car as it was dark but it's absolutely 100% sound in every way.

Traffic light Grand Prix with me? :lol:

The turbo comes on very strongly at standard but the urgency is lost before 3000rpm. Even standard they feel a lot quicker than they are. Lots of smiles per mile :)

looks nice and quite possibly my fav. wheel on a non gti :shades:

Cheers! B)

Just ordered a couple of TDI badges from ebay to replace the old one and add one to the grille. (anyone know of any ways to fix it to the grille? Is there any kind of surface you can get that connects to it and gives a flat area to stick it to?)

Cheers,

Ryan

Yea, everything there was as it came. I've seen a few with GTI interior, I think it was just either standard or an option with the TDI Sport? Pretty sure it is as it came from the dealer originally. The door has had a bit of a touch up but other than that it's spotless so I've got a bit of a bargain!

The only other thing is the typical lupo rear washer jet not working and the spare wheel area must be a bit damp as there is a bit of mould on the bottom of the floor carpet in the boot. Where is the leak likely to be at in that case?

Ryan

It says in the lupo brochure about the interior for 'sport level trims' (including the TDI 'sport') that the interior is

– Upholstery – Interwoven velour (Black only)

whilst the interior for the GTI trim is:

- Upholstery – Interwoven velour

So, I'm guessing that they all came as standard or at least an option on the TDI (baring in mind this is from an 05> brochure so perhaps they were optional before then as mines an 02 plate)

:coffee:

The leak will probably be coming from the rear washer jet, as for the gti seats being an extra / standard if someone could put some light on that issue it'd be great as I do keep seeing sports with them in!

how does the water get into the rear though? it must be leaking internally?

The info about the seats came from an actual lupo brochure so I think it's correct. All, bar one of the TDI's I looked at have the grey 'woven' / gti interior...

get some hex allen keys and take off the back panel on the boot, then most likely the washer has just popped off. Just plug it back on.

Very nice TDI btw!

Congratulations on the new car looks smart.

On the subject of the TDI badge fitting to the grille. When we had our TDI I tried a similar thing, I found the best way was to buy a 16V grille badge, remove the 1,6 and V and then offer up the TDI, I had to modify the shape slightly around the point where the V had been as the 16V obviously has a different shape to TDI but once attached it looked OK.

The interior is the same as the GTI I think they decided the TOM style was a bit to comical to be taken seriously in a Sport version. I always assumed the reason they differentiated between the GTI and Sport was that with the GTI owners could choose red interwoven velour while the Sport only had the grey.

Hi, thanks for the advice, I'll look at the boot soon then.

I think there may be a problem with the engine, but not sure why or what... driving today and it seemed to fall off-boost on the turbo almost immediately twice on a journey and then never seemed to hit the turbo again at 2000 rpm until I restarted the engine. There's no warning lights or anything and it just simply drives like a 1.7 sdi or something without a turbo... I'm a bit worried - any ideas what this is? :confused: