17 in April got a 1.4s need help on insurance

MAD ROADSTER

Hi all I'm 17 in less than a month and just bought a lupo 1.4s standard who is everyone with, how much you paying, and what type of insurance are you on

Is there any cheep insurance so I could learn in the car on a provisional.

Thanks Alex

Firstly, it really is pointless asking how much other people pay for insurance as it can differ so much from person to person and there's so many variables which affect the price.

The chances are you'll be quotes a semi reasonable price while you are on a provisional license however when you pass it'll go up considerably. This is because you're statistically more of a risk once you've passed your test and you're unsupervised.

I'd suggest getting as many quotes as you can, don't bother lying things to try to make it cheaper as you'll only get caught out if you need to make a claim.

Firstly, it really is pointless asking how much other people pay for insurance as it can differ so much from person to person and there's so many variables which affect the price.

The chances are you'll be quotes a semi reasonable price while you are on a provisional license however when you pass it'll go up considerably. This is because you're statistically more of a risk once you've passed your test and you're unsupervised.

I'd suggest getting as many quotes as you can, don't bother lying things to try to make it cheaper as you'll only get caught out if you need to make a claim.

I now that just need a rough idea what Everyone paying thanks anyway

If you get yourself a load of quotes then it really doesn't matter what anyone else is paying though.

The people who give you a rough idea of their price probably don't live in the same postcode as you, have the same job, are the same age, have the same car, same driving experience etc etc!

Do you now see my point? Even a rough guide of price is pretty much useless!

As Treblet said, other peoples insurance quotes relly hold no relavance to any one else.

Shop around as much as you can, get as many quotes as you can and try to play insurance compaines off each other. Its alot of work, espcially as you want to get driving as quickly as possible but, it will pay off.

Tip for cheaper insurance, DO NOT mod your car until you have a year/two years driving/ncb. You will save a huge amount that can then be spent on your car if you wish.

Get your own policy as soon as you can, even tpft is better than nothing.

Limited milage policy is a good way of keeping costs down.

Have your parents as named drivers on you insurance. This helps bring insurance down, espcialy if they have a clean liscence/few years ncb as they are a lower risk.

As a random number, as you where wanting what other people where/are paying. I paid £1300 for my first years driving tpft on a 1.4s with wheels and coiovers at 21 wiht Adrian Flux, no one else I tried got any wherenear that.

Totally cudnt agree more With what treblet and deadmetal said.... I messed right up going on my parents insurance policy for my first three year. Was brilliant ,fully comp with little to pay, but no No claims which in turn hinders you! **** yes! Take the hit have your own policy and be skint, will be beneficial in the long run ( wish i had )

My god that's £375 a month

Which makes £93.75 a week then fuel on top!

All I'm saying is you must have a well paid job to be able to pay well over a £94 a week with petrol and everything else that comes with running a car

I pay upwards of £4500, i'm 17.

Theres another member who pays just over/under £1500 who is also 17.

I wouldn't dare pay that!

obviously haven't shopped around

and tried all the usual things.

Totally cudnt agree more With what treblet and deadmetal said.... I messed right up going on my parents insurance policy for my first three year. Was brilliant ,fully comp with little to pay, but no No claims which in turn hinders you! **** yes! Take the hit have your own policy and be skint, will be beneficial in the long run ( wish i had )

I been on parents for first 3years

and just taken out my own policy

20 with 0 NCB

when with admiral

all mods declaired

parents added

just over the 1k mark full comp

Admiral and add as many experienced named drivers as you can, mums dads aunties uncles etc. As has been said, shop around!

Just done this works a treat :D

Edited by dj_lupz

i payed just under 3500 and im 17, first car and all that, my car, insurance in my name but got a 10% because some of my family are with churchill aswell, if i added people like my dad it went up!

My god that's £375 a month

Which makes £93.75 a week then fuel on top!

All I'm saying is you must have a well paid job to be able to pay well over a £94 a week with petrol and everything else that comes with running a car

Luckily my parents earn enough to be able to lend me the money until i get a full time job :)

I earn £150 a month lol, part time at halfrauds... quite possibly the worst hourly rate going!

Luckily my parents earn enough to be able to lend me the money until i get a full time job :)

I earn £150 a month lol, part time at halfrauds... quite possibly the worst hourly rate going!

You work 1 day a week or something lol?

• 4 weeks later...

As if you are going to pay them back :lol:

I must owe my mum about 20k!

They will get it back 3 fold once they retire and you need to be on constant care duties.

Fetch and clean, take me here; no I meant there, what's for tea, where are you taking me on Sunday, I need to come live with you and yes of course I have no money I gave it all to you to waste on cars and insurance.

Pay it back quick and move a long way away and leave the OAP hassles to your siblings.

B)

Oh and I pay £159 for my GTI, but my circumstances differ from yours in many ways.

You've already bought the car, so it's too late to worry about wat others pay, get a few quotes and take it from there.