New Lupo GTI owner!!

sat1983

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing is- are the doors on the Lupo a bit stiff? Mine seem to be and creak a bit. Is it just a case of WD40 squirting?

The check straps are made of cheese, bit of grease rather than WD will shut them up. They may need tightening too

I can understand how going from a new car to something with a few niggles would give a sense of dread!

I was exactly the same last month. I went from a very nice BMW E46 to a 'needing a few jobs' Lupo GTI. I spent a few days debating if i'd done the right thing. All I can say is, despite the few issues the car puts a massive massive smile on my face. Not only that, it seems to get quite a few admiring glances from passers by and is such fun to drive. I'd like to say it's like a modern day Austin Mini but that might divide the crowd!

All I would say is the issues you have don't sound major and by the sound of it you could just live with some of them and the rest are easily fixed. The fact you've got a lupo gti will more than make up for them! B)

A bit off topic, but I went from driving a classic Mini, to an e46 M- Sport (which I must add bored me to the point of insanity and drained my pockets with 26mpg from a 2.0) to a Lupo GTI. A modern day Mini is what I wanted and the GTI is exactly that without a doubt.

Anyways back on topic...

Edited by mini-man-dan

Well today's verdict:

That bloody dealer is useless!! It so called went to the auto electrician. He found 2 fault codes- the guy couldn't tell me which but told me he'd erased them. great. So no lights on the dash but we have no idea what's wrong!

He fixed the window but now the other button to control the passenger side is buggered. Plus I would say that my window isn't as keen to go up as the passenger's side.

Now I need to find a decent garage. Wish me luck.

If you have a random code it is quite common to clear them and see what comes back; if anything.

Not the first time that engine management lights have come on and no fault been found.

If you have a random code it is quite common to clear them and see what comes back; if anything.

Not the first time that engine management lights have come on and no fault been found.

True- but you know when you just don't trust. To be fair the car is driving very well.

If anyone ever fancies (...) giving me a hand doing a few bits and pieces with the Lupo in Sheffield I'd be very grateful. I'd do go as far as saying I'd chuck in a few quid! :lol:

Vagcom, a few tools and a in depth knowledge of Lupos a must!

If anyone ever fancies (...) giving me a hand doing a few bits and pieces with the Lupo in Sheffield I'd be very grateful. I'd do go as far as saying I'd chuck in a few quid! :lol:

Vagcom, a few tools and a in depth knowledge of Lupos a must!

How far do you live from the M1?

is the bulb still there or have they removed it?

check it still illuminated when you first turn the car on :shades:

its an old trick to remove bulb :)

Update on this: it seems the lovely persons have removed the bulb as no airbag light comes on at all at any point. I'm really angry now but don't trust them at all.

Are you going to get another or does this experience kinda ruin it?

I would very much like another one- it's a real gem. When no warning lights come on. Hopefully things will be ok by next week and I'll keep it! :)

It'll be interesting to see his reaction when things start to get serious.