Pedal box issues

Droopy

This has been well covered many times across these forums.

The problem with the Lupo pedal box also plagues the Arosa, with the clutch travel bracket breaking or fracturing. Having read around I see that VW know this was an issue and were offering a goodwill gesture towards replacement.

Now I have an 03 plate Arosa, barely done 50k as its not used often, and the pedal box has fractured.

Phoned my local VW dealer whom I've dealt with many times in the past and he said to contact a Seat dealership, but commented that it was well known on the Lupo at his branch. The Seat service manager didn't want to know so I got on the phone to Seat Customer Care.. where I was told Seat don't even have anything on their system relating to the pedal box on any of the Arosa models being an issue. This I find hard to believe.

Any owners out there had their pedal box done FOC through Seat, or any goodwill gesture of any sorts?

Any owners out there had their pedal box done FOC through Seat, or any goodwill gesture of any sorts?

I've got a arosa sport, mine went about 3 months back. didnt think id stand a change with seat, as its an x reg, so just did it myself. = ]

How do you know when it has gone? My car seems hard to get into 1st at times, reverse more times then when i first got it and i think 3rd is getting a bit stiff. But im not sure if its just me being an idiot

• 3 weeks later...

normally as it gets weaker it will start to grind into reverse, and as said your clutch pedal will drop signinficantly, when our lasses went on her polo it dropped that much she physically couldnt engage any gears.

mine grids in to reverse bit not very offten dunno wether its me being a wally with the clutch some times is there any other ways of telling wether it could be on its way out

• 11 months later...

interesting read this, as i have had the above symptoms and havent realy looked anymore into it?

i will have a gander at the weekend and report back what i find. ;)

Edited by madseb

My pedal box went and they told me they havnt strengthens them so just weld it up yourself so it's stronger :) is a balls ache to do tho as full dash has to come out and you will prob need a new break pedal as you can not get it out with out snapping the white clip inside it :(

Hope you get it fixed soon :) x

• 3 weeks later...

My pedal box went and they told me they havnt strengthens them so just weld it up yourself so it's stronger :) is a balls ache to do tho as full dash has to come out and you will prob need a new break pedal as you can not get it out with out snapping the white clip inside it :(

Hope you get it fixed soon :) x

You can buy the white clip on its own without buying te break pedal. Think it cost me a fiver IIRC :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Daver74 said:

My pedal box has just gone today, gears were difficult to change for weeks, my car is a 2002 model with 140000 on the clock.

what's the plan?

if you're near me I remove them, weld them up and put them back in for £70 whilst you wait.

I've done a fair few so I know the pitfalls and what's needed. :)

• 6 months later...

Hello i am new here :D Pedal box on my Arosa broke yesterday, Rac towed the car back home, My Husband got it into Nigel Farrow cars today in Norwich who kindly picked it up from our home then rewelded the pedal box (They said the way they reweld them is much stronger than the original design) all for £105.00 Realy happy :)