Lupo gti. aged 18

Samual

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atm i own a cheap run around 1.1 clio, At £1100 for 10months cover, I have 7 months remaining and to change insurance over to a GTI it would add a premium of about £900. (btw im 18 lol)

I'm now 20, but got my sport after one written off polo 1.4 at 19, £2800 (most insurances companies quoted between 4 and 6k) till i reached 20 (1 year no claims) and now down by 30% more bonuses for me in August hopefully when i make it 2 years - touch wood.

Edited by BEP51

some crazy prices there...

i had a focus st3 at 20 fully comp for 780quid lolz!

oh and my girlfriend is insured on mine, she's just passed her test at 17 and it was only an extra £200 to insure her...

lol again

Edited by Big Jase

If I were you i'd just go for a tdi with a remap or a sport, you've got your whole life to have faster cars, you don't need to piss your money away on insurance! :P

Just my two pence.

Jake.

very good view this is why iv got a sport and a tdi rather than a gti

This is true! only reason i want the gti is its available at the right money and its everything i want! im definitley gonna try admiral tomorrow if they have insured you at that price! do you have anybody added as a named driver or any tracking devices fitted etc? limited mileage?

its simple

you make yourself the main driver! (legal as you are)

then add your folks with good driving history's as secondary drivers... one good driver dropped my premium by a 1/3rd, added another and dropped the premium to half of the original price :shades:

Edited by Big Jase

its simple

you make yourself the main driver! (legal as you are)

then add your folks with good driving history's as secondary drivers... one good driver dropped my premium by a 1/3rd, added another and dropped the premium to half of the original price :shades:

Thats is an excellent price. Are your named drivers both Vicars or something? :lol:

To b honest at 18 year old it's hard enough to get insured period! Never mind a car that has GTI, XSI, TDI, god forbid XR3I, XR2I and so on...Going back a good few years when I was 18 my policies on my mothers car as a second driver were extortionate. If u want a nice car then the insurance is unavoidable buddy. Let me add that £7000 a year= £145.83 a week to insure. To even consider that you must have a very well paid job or no social life!

Sorry to be blunt buddy.

I got told by Aviva that I wasn't able to get cover on a Lupo GTI or a Fabia VRS due to them being "high performance cars". Looking forward to my year being up with them, easily the worst company I've ever done business with. What annoys me is that I'm going to have 3 things happen this year that will make insurance cheaper, but it's a shame they don't happen at the same time. I'll have 3 years NCB at the end of May, 2 years of a passed licence in August, then 21 in October.

nah but the best sites for young drivers are admiral and elephant...

mind on in the last year insurance prices have rised 40% so it does look fantastical looking back!

Admiral has been the best for me and all my mates by far. Definetely worth giving them a go. And I had a similar experience with adding my parents to help bring the premium down, if you've got someone else you could add with a good driving record and job (Aunt, Uncle, family friend etc.) this could help more!

This is true! only reason i want the gti is its available at the right money and its everything i want! im definitley gonna try admiral tomorrow if they have insured you at that price! do you have anybody added as a named driver or any tracking devices fitted etc? limited mileage?

I am main driver, my postcode is class B so not great. I have my mum, dad and girlfriend all as named drivers which brought it down a lot!!! Admiral also accept mods which is mint, cost me £20 for wheels, £20 for lowering etc.. :)