Lupo gti. aged 18

Samual

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 pence:

Always wanted a GTi since I was 12/13

Finally gonna get one now insurance has dropped, just need to save for the car itself.

Been looking for ages, my renewal was in November and the cheapest I could find was £3k. If I wait until my next renewal it will be sub 1k for the year, or if I change my current insurance it's only an extra £400 :)

• 2 weeks later...

ha my mate brought my sport off me and hes paying over £3000 for 10 months insurance! i tried getingt a GTI at 18 but they wanted £5000 to insure it! but fair play if you can afford a GTI and insure it at 18 i cant see the problem its his money !

Since myast post iv switched insurers because found out elephant.co.uk will insure me with much better cover (highest level of breakdown, personal injury cover etc) for 900 quid. Direct line can suck on my left one!

Since myast post iv switched insurers because found out elephant.co.uk will insure me with much better cover (highest level of breakdown, personal injury cover etc) for 900 quid. Direct line can suck on my left one!

Similarly, they're also currently sucking on my right one. They called me last week because it's been a year since I started trying to get insurance quotes with them and said 'we can insure you for cheaper' so i went through the whole thing with them, all the details, all my parents details etc. To get a quote of £2600 and I would have to remove my springs and alloys - not impressed.

2600 for just your car? Or is that for the whole multicar with your mum and dads on too?

Nah just me buv. I said "tell me how giving £2600 to you will cost me less than giving £1700 to admiral." but they couldn't tell me.

Im currently 18 and saving for a GTI. I looked at how much insurance would be for when im 19. Come out at £1067 fully comp. (10months cover) (I will have 2 years no claims by then) (yn)

Went down roughly £150 for saying i parked on the street rather than my garage. Also down about £400 for adding my mum and dad. And voluntary excess of £150.