Just got the LUPO

Jacko2512

Do what ever makes you happy pal. Pretty much anything is possible if you have the money and expertise. It's all down to what you want out of the little Lupo. Do you want ridiculous speed? Do you want a head turner? All down to you at the end of the day. Look at some of the members cars there are some really nice examples.

Thats great advice guys but.... there's always a but hahaha...

I was asking what people think is a good idea, i do not want to do too much but i would like to try and increase efficiency as much as possible, make the lupo look good (do i lower it?), and just generally have a nice, well maintained lupo :)

my lupo has a few very light scratches, do you recommend i just t-cut and polish or is it worth waxing it? (not a clue how to do or what it does?)

thanks

;)

Best thing to do you when you first get it is to give an all over clean. Really go to town. Make sure also that you use some quality products. Myself I use meguiars gold class shampoo, I think it gives a really nice finish. Then give it s really good polish meguiars do a three step which is quite good. There are loads of brands out there. Then I always give it a good service unless it had a recent vw service. So oil change, then change all filters and plugs. Little tip when I drain the oil I always get a paint brush and pain the underneath of the car with the old oil so it prevents it from corroding. Then as far as modifications there are soooo many! Most people tend to buy themselves some nice alloys and then lower it accordingly. After that you can as mental or as subtle as you like. I re-trimmed my head lining which was a nice subtle mod and then I went and spent about 900 quid on a new sound system. Like I say it's all about what you want out of the little car.

Best thing to do you when you first get it is to give an all over clean. Really go to town. Make sure also that you use some quality products. Myself I use meguiars gold class shampoo, I think it gives a really nice finish. Then give it s really good polish meguiars do a three step which is quite good. There are loads of brands out there. Then I always give it a good service unless it had a recent vw service. So oil change, then change all filters and plugs. Little tip when I drain the oil I always get a paint brush and pain the underneath of the car with the old oil so it prevents it from corroding. Then as far as modifications there are soooo many! Most people tend to buy themselves some nice alloys and then lower it accordingly. After that you can as mental or as subtle as you like. I re-trimmed my head lining which was a nice subtle mod and then I went and spent about 900 quid on a new sound system. Like I say it's all about what you want out of the little car.

thanks for that great advice. i think that is what i want to do, just lower a bit, not too much, get some decent wheels. have already sorted the audio out ;)

cleaning the lupo is a necessity, what is the situation with waxing i have heard about or isit best to just clean and polish well?

Waxing is the last step in cleaning mate for a hood clean I do

snowfoam

rinse

shampoo, two bucket method

clay

shampoo again( remove any dirty marks or water spots from claying)

polish

wax

there's plenty guides around check out any of the detailing forums so

e people are really anal about things but that's just personal preference

Edited by jamiea7x

• 4 weeks later...

Alright guys, had the lupo for a little bit, love it, drives like a dream. havent had much time to make any chnages so anything you can recommend to improve or just your opinions. I have changed the lights so now Xenons and LED side lights, mats throughout, Oil Filter and now synthetic oil, cheap black wheel trims etc.....

Obviously I know the majority will say 'coilovers' and 'alloys' etc but Im not sure whether im a huge fan??

Here are a few pics.

Thanks

http://img576.imageshack.us/i/southderbyshire20110312.jpg/

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img2011030600057.jpg/

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/img2011031200064.jpg/

http://img191.imageshack.us/i/img2011031200065.jpg/

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/southderbyshire20110318.jpg/

Edited by Jacko2512