How to: Make MK4 recaro headrests fit the rear flush properly.

Want to make your headrests flush but dont like the bodged way? Well then heres how:

I did it with MK4 Golf recaro rear headrests so they match my fronts but you could do it with Lupo / Arosa head rests because their built in the same why AFAIK

1. Un-hook the material along the bottom seam by pushing them together, bit hard to explain but pictures will explain it better :

P1010216.jpg

P1010217.jpg

2. Pull the centre out, should just slip out fairly easily.

P1010218.jpg

3. Un clip the two halfs with a bit of help from a few screwdrivers here and their.

P1010220.jpg

4. Then you need to drill or grind these three compression marks out, I found it easier and neater to grind them as its strong stuff and went through 5 drill bits! :lol:

P1010221.jpg

5. You then need to slip the rods off with a little bit of twisting and possibly a bit of help from WD-40.

P1010222.jpg

6. Cut each pole down to 7" and push it back on, might need the help from a hammer for this bit as their very tight on!

7. Fit the pieces all back together and heres one at the side of a standard one.

P1010223.jpg

8. Picture of them fitted!

P1010224.jpg

Shouldnt take longer than an hour and keeps the nice machined finish on the bottom! :)