Spoon's Lupo Project

Spoon

Hi, My name is Martin (Spoon) and im head technician for a company called RoadTrackRace. I brought a 2000 vw lupo at the end of november 2010 with alot of miles and problems but for not alot of money.

B8vqIg2kKGrHqIOKioEzUlUcmh8BM39wdH9s_12.jpg

The plans are big for this car, possible engine conversion next winter but depending on how long the one init lasts. At the moment it has been de-badged, lowered on cheap and cheerfull springs untill the coilovers are brought, carbon fibre airbox and what im most happy with is the carbon fibre door cards in the rear. The front, headliner and outer roof skin are being made but im struggling to find time to finish them...

photo2.jpg

Any comments/ideas welcome

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a few more pictures, as you can tell its a work in progress because im still driving it about, i did the airbox once as a quick bodge but then had another go a few weeks later. over the weekend me and a mate made a 4-2-1 stainless manifold which has improved its performance a little but the standard back box is really holding it back.

mmm.jpg

lll.jpg

iuhyg.jpg

fgh.jpg

edfgth.jpg

Im sorry lads but theres no chance my work would let me do anything like this to anyone else's, they give me a hard enough time for doing them for mine in my own time. If that ever changes ill let you know, im not sure what other companys would charge, theres one called carbonmods maybe you could give them a try?

Just put a 2" exhaust on my car and its horrible, i cant belive how bad it sounds. looks good but gotta do it allll again :(

05022011082.jpg

05022011083.jpg

05022011084.jpg

The head linings in too and that went tits up aswell so im not a happy chappy

05022011085.jpg

05022011080.jpg

looking crazy! do i see tdi style tailpipes? :D

cheers, thats the plan :) they are at the minute, ive got a gti rear bumper to go on but i need to flare the arches to make it fit then twin 3" inward slash cut :D its sounding better now too because ive made another centre pipe with an extra box in, without the cats it was crazy loud