Rye House Test Day

karting

(First off i must say, i hate the track and it really pisses me off and also these are my battered old practise plastics. Got some blinding team pods for the season :) )

Went down to a localish track to bed in the new chassis and make sure nothing was gonna fall off during the season. (good thing we did, as my brake caliper fell off, my starter wire sheered and my steering wheel worked itself lose!)

Being a test day theres no real report but i took my new camera along to have a play around, and here are some photos.

As you can see, it was very wet at the start of the day:

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

I also let my uncle have a play with the camera to take photos of me:

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Also adjusting the carb on track, which is frowned against as people loose fingertips in the chain, real men just do it!

180205_496313799248_533284248_5980349_1432201_n.jpg

Got a very busy season ahead, got 8 Rounds of British Champs planned, 4 Rounds of European Champs and the World Finals. So lots of Racing and lots of traverling

Edited by karting

TKM? Didn't they make you all have chain guards to stop you sticking your fingers in? Quite how anyone ever managed it in the first place is impressive given the distance from the sprocket to the jet adjusters! Still...I suppose you have to cater for the idiots in this world!

What are the numbers like in Super 1 for TKM these days? They were having trouble keeping the numbers up not so long ago weren't they? I do miss karts, although cars get even more addictive when they stick you on tracks like Brands, Donington and Zandvoort!

Good luck for the season. Sounds like you've got some good races lined up :)

TKM? Didn't they make you all have chain guards to stop you sticking your fingers in? Quite how anyone ever managed it in the first place is impressive given the distance from the sprocket to the jet adjusters! Still...I suppose you have to cater for the idiots in this world!

What are the numbers like in Super 1 for TKM these days? They were having trouble keeping the numbers up not so long ago weren't they? I do miss karts, although cars get even more addictive when they stick you on tracks like Brands, Donington and Zandvoort!

Good luck for the season. Sounds like you've got some good races lined up :)

Not TKM mate, i used to be a team driver for tal-ko in super 1 a few years back. Nowadays they still get a 'b' final in super 1.

I actually race Easykart now, due to the much bigger grids, and also the entries into the europeans and the world champs, as they all use the same equipment as us in the uk.