engine seized!

TBH, I'd do it right or not at all.

I have no idea what would happen if you made the hybrid, could work, could be a very costly error, this is always the way when pioneering new things.

If you can find a sport engine, do it, if not, look into other things.

There's always the slightly excessive bang an AFH in it option.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do u mean slightly excessive?i know that the afh wil fit straight in am i right?but is there much work involved to actually get it running?i bought a sport engine but the couriers "lost it" so i was refunded.thats why i am looking at other options.cheers

Why not try to find another whole engine ? There's got to be something out there, even if it takes a couple of weeks it'll be for the greater good.

If you put an AFH in, you'll have to run the afh looms & ecu and that maybe gets a little complex.

A dirty engine doesn't mean it doesn't work, you should have seen the colour of the one i just pulled out my polo.

There is a polo version, quite rare though in comparison to the others.

Danno, I'll give you a hand fitting it. I love street mechanics, but you better provide coffee. :coffee:

A dirty engine doesn't mean it doesn't work, you should have seen the colour of the one i just pulled out my polo.

There is a polo version, quite rare though in comparison to the others.

Danno, I'll give you a hand fitting it. I love street mechanics, but you better provide coffee. :coffee:

Cheers fella regardless what engine i get ill give u a shout.ive put a quote request in to stevens vw and a few others so prob tomoz by the time i get a reply.kenco alright mate?lol if your lucky u might get a biscuit,not just any biscuit though, a fox's triple!!

More hands make light work mate i think thats the saying lol.what will actually be damaged on my seized engine?arosabinns has a sport engine for sale but headgasket, pistons and maybe stem seals are buggered.would it be worth a go at swapping parts and sorting it out?cheers

More hands make light work mate i think thats the saying lol.what will actually be damaged on my seized engine?arosabinns has a sport engine for sale but headgasket, pistons and maybe stem seals are buggered.would it be worth a go at swapping parts and sorting it out?cheers

Yous will have ****ed crank, main and big end bearings and possibly pistons.

This is taking longer than i thought.might be best if i wait till the couriers "find" the one i paid for.dont use TUFFNELLS COURIERS!if it wasnt for them my engine would be here and fitted.fun and games

i'd wait to find one in all honesty, i do have a 1600 avy polo gti block, and the 1400 head would fit on and it should run but i'm unsure as to what issues may come from fuelling etc from the 1400 ecu.

i'd wait to find one in all honesty, i do have a 1600 avy polo gti block, and the 1400 head would fit on and it should run but i'm unsure as to what issues may come from fuelling etc from the 1400 ecu.

^ little rich has got some concoction like that in his sport, doesnt work too well! its been sat in his garage for month...one amateur engine conversion form a garage who thought it would be pis

I take it the AVY ECU wouldnt fit Mitch?in all honesty im in no rush with this car.i want it looking sweet by e38 in september.i suppose im just being impatient lol arnt we all like that?

Yeah i was talking to little rich and he explained the prob.hope he gets them to court.

My main objective for my sport is to get it looking nice and running well.but if the funds come up then a better engine is on the cards.nothing special just gti it more thn likely but we will see.

Just have to play the waiting game now.im guessing you will be using your sport engine for yours Mitch?

Let me know if anyone knows of any floating about.thanks

Finally found one!!47k with warrenty and delivered for....£350 how good is that?

Scotty_82 and Rich let me know when your free and and stock up on your goodies lol.

Cheers, Dan

ps. Could i scrap my old engine or should i sell it?