Clearing Oil way

Now then,

So this weekend i want to make sure the oil ways and lifters are ok on the mrs lupo (amilady) 1.4 16v, there a bit noisy

ive had a look at VAGCAT at the this diagram, but cant really tell where these "oil ways" are..

103350.png

The only way you can get to the oil ways is to take the head off and probably the sump, and oil pick up off, big job.

yeah ive not got the tools to do that lol, ill pick up some tappet cleaner stuff from somewhere

yeah ive not got the tools to do that lol, ill pick up some tappet cleaner stuff from somewhere

generally these magic potions are not worth bothering with, although I think Forte stuff has a good reputation

That's the one I mean, Forte top end treatment.

Is stuff like that any use as a kind of preventative maintenance? or is it a case of if its not broken dont fix it? I like to keep my car in as good a condition as possible, especially engine wise, and have always considered it.

Is stuff like that any use as a kind of preventative maintenance? or is it a case of if its not broken dont fix it? I like to keep my car in as good a condition as possible, especially engine wise, and have always considered it.

Well if you have noisy tappets, it's worth a try. Many of these products don't do a thing, and I would never use engine flush in my engine, yes it might flush some crap out, but where will it flush it? Probably to the next restriction, in the oil gallerys this is usally the head. All that crap at the bottom of your sump doesn't do that much harm as long as it doesn't move.

So yes, if it aint broke, don't fix it. just keep the servicing upto date.