Bep51's Lupo Sport - ATS 5-Stars

BEP51

Basically i always wanted to make my lupo look like it should have looked when it left the factory, so firstly it needed lowering which i have just managed today!

Before:
27828_399465433541_756508541_4337899_210
27828_399465448541_756508541_4337901_127

After Coilovers (still in desperate need of a clean, but hey its winter):
163615_482821308541_756508541_6011680_58
167271_482821448541_756508541_6011684_53
165062_482821398541_756508541_6011682_55
165713_482821188541_756508541_6011678_17
A stupid amount of camber on both sides, adjustments arranged for tuesday morning. Tracking very out too.

Edited by BEP51
  • Like 1

Also, an old update, thought i would make it sound like it should do too lol, but without the constant chavvy exhaust noises.

Engine Bay Before:

27828_399465483541_756508541_4337907_3207093_n.jpg

After induction stuff fitted:

59413_428057088541_756508541_5073070_1151352_n.jpg

Edited by BEP51

If you think about it, that cone things looks terrible? and its just sucking in hot air?

I knew that before i did it, simply putting a cold air feed does nothing, and i cant be bothered to spend a large amount of money on it, plus it makes the sound i want, far better than a cotton/paper cone did. And any loss in performance is negligable, but it does mean i no longer have to wait a whole 0.5 seconds for the engine to do anything when u put your foot down. If i could find the cash i would get a BMC, but i actually think this looks better, not that im usually an open the bonnet to show off person. But for me saving for a decent set of coilovers had to come first. I am considering just buying a few more bits of pipe to move it round to where the original intake was, but again, student budget.

front camber and adjustments 2moro morning at 9:30, being done by vw tton, they offered a surprisingly good quote and u get free coffees and we get to chat to them further about the rust on my roof, + they dissasembled my entire front suspension units for free and boxed it all up the other day, cos i couldnt get the bolt holding down the top rubber dampers off, it needed some special tool they have to fit inbetween the rubber ring and hold the allen key centre. Will let u know how it drives, i can already tell it is a lot stiffer and bouncier, but it is especially noticed on our lanes. only doing very limited driving as the camber and tracking is sooooo out. Will be going up to London for a few days in Feb with a greek friend. Probs the furthest im going for some time. Come to the Castle Combe VAG day near bath in June-ish? it is great there, im going to do a full track day there, also i have organised a club lupo display area there, which they havent done before, so nearer the time i will have to choose who gets to display! i think that people there generally follow a more moderate OEM appearance. Few details about it in the south west events page i put up. But will put up website links and far more info when the racing season restarts.

AP's, very bouncy compared to standard, but bearable. Also im not sure the car holds the road as well as it did on standards :/ but i have to wait till summer and dry roads, i think with a new set of decent tyres (yoko s-drives all round) it may well improve, but i wanna take it n a track to really know. U on TA's?

AP's, very bouncy compared to standard, but bearable. Also im not sure the car holds the road as well as it did on standards :/ but i have to wait till summer and dry roads, i think with a new set of decent tyres (yoko s-drives all round) it may well improve, but i wanna take it n a track to really know. U on TA's?

Have you actually lowered it? :lol:

Have you actually lowered it? :lol:

Hahahahaha I never liked the really lowered look, I only ever wanted to reduce body roll and to have it at the height it should have been when it left the factory with the same arch gap at the top as round the sides of the wheel, but only a tad lower at the front so it is notably lowered. I felt the car drove better when i had just the rears fitted and it was stiffer than the front, now i think i will invest in a rear arb to make the rear stiffer than the front again.

[+ i didnt want my mum to notice, she would just make a fuss bout it being a waste of money :P]

Edited by BEP51

dont beleive that your car stuck to the road better with standard suspension i have AP's and the handling is excellent sticks to the road really well, ALOT better than standard, get it lower and it will handle even better

Not going any lower, cos there are soooo many speedbumps round where i have to drive too. Problem with the stiffer suspension is they bounce over everything and just skit around. hit a little bump and it slips.

Lol, yeah, thats how i always wanted it to look, i.e. not lowered, keeps parents happy, and it looks far more suited to the car. And much more Factory standard look. I wanna keep it looking sporty but original at the same time.

Yeh, drove past uni today, went to look at a new house for next year in st Judes, not a student house, but same price, nice place, but being completely revamped atm, so i just have to trust it will look ok when done. Surely u werent in your car at that point? i never miss a lupo lol.

Didnt want to get springs really as i wanted an all round upgrade of springs, dampers and slight lowering, plus i needed the coilies to get the height just right for me. I was shocked at how s**t the original stuff i took off was, covered in rust and paint peeling off everywhere, glad i got new stuff. They have now settled after a few hundred miles covered, and are much nicer to drive around with, i am also getting used to how it drives again now as it all changed. Love having less roll! but i think i will get a rear ARB to keep the back stiffer than the front, student loan thru now, so i may be tempted :P

Considering having the exhaust sorted soon, it looks like someone (before i got it) put there foot in it and bent it down a few inches, is it just something that can be rewelded in a better place? Anyone Know? Its wet outside and i cant be bothered to get under it and look.

+ saw ure car parked outside Vue cinema other day, had a slow dive by to have a look, but gf was with me so couldnt see it properly. Put it in the spotted section 4 u lol.

Edited by BEP51

It is lowered honest, look!

27828_399465408541_756508541_4337896_4249725_n.jpg

165062_482821398541_756508541_6011682_5503773_n.jpg

and probs to show it best:

proofsv.jpg

The best changes are the subtle ones :P gives the car a meatier look and feel!

Edited by BEP51

Lol, yeah, thats how i always wanted it to look, i.e. not lowered, keeps parents happy, and it looks far more suited to the car. And much more Factory standard look. I wanna keep it looking sporty but original at the same time.

Yeh, drove past uni today, went to look at a new house for next year in st Judes, not a student house, but same price, nice place, but being completely revamped atm, so i just have to trust it will look ok when done. Surely u werent in your car at that point? i never miss a lupo lol.

Didnt want to get springs really as i wanted an all round upgrade of springs, dampers and slight lowering, plus i needed the coilies to get the height just right for me. I was shocked at how s**t the original stuff i took off was, covered in rust and paint peeling off everywhere, glad i got new stuff. They have now settled after a few hundred miles covered, and are much nicer to drive around with, i am also getting used to how it drives again now as it all changed. Love having less roll! but i think i will get a rear ARB to keep the back stiffer than the front, student loan thru now, so i may be tempted :P

Considering having the exhaust sorted soon, it looks like someone (before i got it) put there foot in it and bent it down a few inches, is it just something that can be rewelded in a better place? Anyone Know? Its wet outside and i cant be bothered to get under it and look.

+ saw ure car parked outside Vue cinema other day, had a slow dive by to have a look, but gf was with me so couldnt see it properly. Put it in the spotted section 4 u lol.

Ah nice one. How do you get to Uni then at the moment? I was sat at the bus stop, as I cant justify forking out all day parking to go Uni ha!

I know what you mean, mine were super-retard-f*cked when I had my old shocks etc removed. Looked like it was just a big growth lol. The lower you go, the better the handling, but I remember when I used to scrub on my arches. That wasnt fun. Hence why I got smaller wheels. You shouldn't get that at your height unless you were bombing it? haha.

You mean the exhaust has dropped down? I remember a thread about that on here, to do with the GTi exhaust too, some of them had dropped from original position.

Ideal, did you see the destruction of the speedhump I went over? lol. I hate Vue now, stupid speedhumps!

The exhaust hasnt dropped, im certain it got bent down by sum1, didnt see the damage on the speedbump, but i imagined it would have been hard for u to get over it. Was i going up North hill when u saw me or down, cos going up i remember seeing sum1 looking from the bus stop, but quite a few ppol look normally, simply cos it isnt a car u usually see. Usually i walk to uni, or to use the library, drive over and park in the uni car parks after 5:30 in the evenings when the barriers open.

Im in half mind about sorting the exhaust, cos i think if it was in its normal place, it wouldnt look right from behind and wouldnt look as low from behind. I dont wanna go back to 4x4 style!

IMO you should definitely come down a bit more!!

This is how i have/had mine sitting

31102010847.jpg

I had zero problems with it, country rds and speed bumps were fine. Car could easily be fully loaded up with the lads.

As the the exhaust, i suppose you could heat it up and bend it up...or you can make like a hanger that goes through the boot to lift it up. if you have a look at 99hjsdfhfksaj OEM lupo thread you'll see how he's done it.

All sport exhausts seem to drop over time but yours does look worst than others for some reason

Yours looks lovely, very shiney, but still a bit lower than i wanted mine, yours looks lowered, mine doesnt, thats the look im going for. A hanger to lift the exhaust may not be a bad idea, cos i could adjust it to suit, there is a small hole i could use in the spare wheel well, dont know if it lines up close enough though, wouldnt want any hanger visible from behind tho. Will look into it 2moro.

i like it mate, mines dropped probably about 10 mm lower than yours, not as obvious as some of the the lupo's on here, which befor everyone starts haveing a cry at me DO look good. but if your happy with the height and the way it handles then thats all that matters.

I think u either want to aim to make it OEM in appearance, or on the floor, or with poke running along the tops of the rims, or lowered to make 13" wheels suit. Anything else looks a bit undecided and a bit too "young driver". I prefer the OEM look, i wouldnt dream of getting non vw alloys for it, mine will all be getting refurbished sumtime this year. They are all 90% curbed thanks to previous owner.

Yours looks lovely, very shiney, but still a bit lower than i wanted mine, yours looks lowered, mine doesnt, thats the look im going for. A hanger to lift the exhaust may not be a bad idea, cos i could adjust it to suit, there is a small hole i could use in the spare wheel well, dont know if it lines up close enough though, wouldnt want any hanger visible from behind tho. Will look into it 2moro.

It did look lovely till i had a bump lol...

fair enough. I lowered mine to a hight that i thought it should of come out the factory (maybe a tad lower)...which is obviously a subjective matter. I think they look pants when they are really low on standard wheels, im sure you agree