Door Lock Spins

So i can no longer open my drivers door from outside or inside , Somethings gone wrong and the lock just spins and it wont open from inside because of the deadlock ( i don't have central locking either) . What i want to know is can i get a new lock from VW and be able to use the same key again

As far as im aware the answer to this question is no, but it could just be springs and plates have frozen given the weather recently and when you've put your key in to open the door its shattered the parts. All the parts are replacable so I'd look in to that before going down the expensive route of new barrels and keys

Sam

Ok thanks, after i posted this someone linked me to a how to on edition for polos and passats so im guessing there the same as lupus . Well my mate from VW is going to price it up for me on tuesday swell as finding out if i can use my existing key etc but in the meanwhile im going to swap the boot and driver look over