So, 2010.

LiamD

Since 2010 is over in a few hours, what's everyone's favourite bits (and **** bits) from this year? Let's go back all misty eyed and nostalgic over the good times from last year. Pictures and **** is all good too.

All started for me this year on the 1/4 mile. Unfortunately this bug kinda bit and my car changed a lot.

31076_392586101093_511031093_4325158_3743886_n.jpg

Then came Dub-Mania and the big Club Lupo get together. I remember seeing this getting organised and I knew I was due at work so I kinda wrote it off. Then I had a change of heart, took a few days off and tried to meet up with Ady, Chippa and Stevo somewhere near Sheffield. Now this proper shows how friendly CL can be - I didn't know any of these guys, and I'm quite sure none of us really knew each other. Few hours later, we were all monged and best of friends, and watching Ady's mate nearly start a fight with a lot of people from Nottingham was funny. I'll always remember Dub Mania for two reasons - the beginning of Ady becoming mega detailing perv, and the beginning of Club Sausage Fest. I don't remember a great deal of the show, but I remember the brutal tranny serving us in Burger King.

I then did a local show and then came GTi International. I scrimped/saved/begged/borrowed to make it here, as payday was like the day afer and it's a stupid expensive show. I drove like a total penis to meet Ady in time at Woolley Edge services, only to find Stevo had broke his car, so we rocked over to his to wait for him.

DSC_0047-9.jpg

DSC_0046-5.jpg

DSC_0045-5.jpg

All I remember from the 2 hour drive from Morley to Inters was how hot it was. Bear in mind I was in a stripped out car with a mega hot transmission tunnel by my feet - it was actually melting the sound deadening by my toes! We kinda half arsed set up camp though.

DSC_0048-5.jpg

Detailing till it's dark..

DSC_0064-2.jpg

A few other CL fwends joined us on Saturday.

DSC_0078-4.jpg

DSC_0080-3.jpg

DSC_0085-3.jpg

While those guys were on the show and shine car park. I blew a ****load of money on the 1/4 mile.

DSC_0096-7.jpg

Me VS Evo FQ 400

th_LiamD1.jpg

My friend's TTRS

th_JC1.jpg

Saturday evening came around and I was quite chuffed that my drag racing mates Pete and Baz turned up, and they brought Baz's very very special Mk2... which, due to me being rat arsed, I have zero pictures of, but it just had the BIGGEST crowd of people round it all night, hearing them rev the 5 pot lump through the night was mega. Me, Stevo, Pete and Baz then got so drunk we really don't know a lot about what happened after that, well... we do, it just isn't really for forum viewing (or is it? haha). Security definitely loved us, that's for sure.

Sunday was more of the same, ridiculously hot - I owe Katie a LOT here, she provided me with suncream all day to try and stop me catching fire. It was horrible in the car, I was going up the Brunters return roads doing 100+mph with my door open to get air in. After seeing England get knocked out of the world cup, me and Stevo proceeded on our voyage home... slowly... since he had a flatty and my car was melting inside.

34242_408102741093_511031093_4739253_4222808_n.jpg

Note the new splitter. I broke it 3 hours later chasing a chav'd up Scooby on the M1 that fell apart in front of me. Seriously mega drive home though, sun setting, mint tunes, couldn't ask for anything more.

I'll do the rest of the shows later since I have to go to see my nurse now :lol:

Please post up your show stories from the year, I love hearing them!

Aww Liam I love your little story, GTi Inters was one of the best shows for me this year, we all had so much fun, even if I was a lightweight and stayed in a hotel Friday & Saturday!!!! haha!

My year started of so crap, firstly someone drove into the back of my Arosa :( secondly I lost my job, thirdly I got a virus on my Laptop and last but not least when I finally got my Arosa back I got a parking ticket, I really didn't think that things could have got any worse! :( lol but things started to pick back up again and I started working at my current job and attended more and more car shows, 2 of which I won some awards in the S&S so happy days!

I've also made even more great friends from CL so here's a to a good 2011!!!

Love you guys! :wub:

Edited by Emz

Worst year ever.... Got made redundant in April, luckily re-employed 3 weeks later.

Then had a few court hearings for an accident I had in September 2008 that wasn't my fault but unfortunately someone died and the finger was pointed at me. Luckily that was dropped a few months ago as the Crown prosecution service realised that they had zero evidence and I had lots... I'm sure when I can be bothered il type out the entire story as it may help someone else if they get I a similar situation but it's an incredibly long story so CBA at the min lol...

2010............hmmm...........well its been a bit of a blur really as I've spent a fair amount of it pissed. Some happy times and some not so happy times.

Needless to say, 2011 - I will not be taking so much ****e off people. Starting right now :angry2:

2010 has been a good year for me :)

I passed my driving test and got my lupo !

5309990166_b06af5d148.jpg

IMGP3793 by Dannyshack, on Flickr

Saw my favouritest band ever LINKINPARK live :D

Got good As Results and Uni Offers.

Downside, lupo got reversed into and loosing friends but im sure 2011 will be good :)

Started the year after being with my girlfriend for 2 weeks, started a new job, went on holiday with the mrs to wales twice, and to gran canaria once, was made redundant but went for a complete career change and im loving it. So 2010 has been one of the best years of my life!

Sadly sold my lupo though, but im 100% sure ill buy another next year at some point!!

My 2010 highlights were

Being 40,

Glastonbury,

iPad,

Officially getting Lego back in the house (even though it's Duplo) and

Watching Stan change from a crawling, gurgling baby into a walking, talking and bright little boy.

+Another full year with the lady friend.

- very poor AS level results

+got my lupo!

-failed theory twice. Then passed it but have had my practical cancelled twice for snow! :(

Been a mixed year. Fingers crossed next year the things that really matter will get better but it can always be worse ! :) plus I hopefully will have passed my test by show season so I've got that to look forward to ;)

Hope everyone has a good night and a good 2011!

Jake.

+ Realising what I want to do for a career for the rest of my life, persevering and learning 3D modelling to work for Game Companies as a vehicle designer.

+ Outshining other people on my course with end of year Show.

+ Getting Ken Blocks DC's after spending nearly £200..

+ Not split from girlfriend. Always a bonus.

+ Watching Shutter Island, Avatar and Inception.

+ Getting an iPhone 4.

+ Getting Blu Ray player and 5.1 Surround Sound!

+ Buying a PS3 (as of yesterday) (and yes, I am pretty materialistic! Lol)

+ More lows on the car.

- Car is now slowly deteriorating.

- Next to nothing done to the car compared to previous years.

- Show season was piss poor as well.

- Sad to think it's my final year in study, will miss a lot of people.

- Fed up of my current 4 year long Tesco part time job, mega fed up. Hopefully last year there.

- Being what I can only assume as, feeling the age, at 21 lol.

Edited by DarkStryder360

+Finally starting my first season of car racing

+Winning my 1st 3 events

+Winning the championship at Brands Hatch

-Loosing it half an hour later due to a questionable stewards decision

+Meeting a whole load of new friends doing this

+Getting 6 signatures on my National B race license meaning I could remove my Novice cross

+Two awesome holidays

-Driving my Skoda in to the back of a lorry at 5mph bending the bonnet and costing my £600

+iPhone4

+Discovering Angry Birds

+Seeing the bike I've been designing as a physical object

-Having MCN snap it on it's first day of testing

+All the new people I've met

-The people I've lost touch with

+-Octy reaches 100,000 miles

-Price of petrol reaches an all time high