why doesnt my sport have electric mirrors?

Ok.so ive just bought a lupo sport in need of a new engine.but one of my concerns is that it doesnt have e/m.its got a little switch on the centre console but something looks missing, and its fitted with manual mirrors.can anyone help me?any help appreciated, Dan

By something missing i mean that the little square button next to the hazard button etc.its got a little circle hole in it and no cables i can see behind it.im thinkin the previous owner removed them for some reason.can somebody post a pic of what the button should look like?cheers

Its a v reg but the hazard is next to the rear heated windscreen etc.im not bothered if theyre manual but id prefer electric.its going to be one of those things that does my tits in!!lol

Where is the mirror switch in your car?

It sounds like you have the earlier style dashboard, the hazard switch being located next to the heated rear screen in a row of switches under the stereo. By 2001 these had been relocated to the lower storage slot (ahead of the gear shift) the electric mirror control took up two switch blanks and was in the centre. The removal of the row of switches under the stereo allowed the cupholder to be repositioned so that you could keep the cupholder even if you fitted a CD Player. The hazard lights switch moved to the top of the dashboard between the centre air vents.

Old style dash:

lupocolourgreen.jpg

Newer dash with mirror switch:

LupoSinteriorBlackPlaza.jpg

Edited by JB1.0e

Its already got an alarm so i really havnt got a clue wot it is.if i get time ill post a pic of it tomorrow.someone has to know.im really fussy with little details lol

If your that fussy pop it out n buy a blank there's a guy on here Lupoboz gets everything u need beats any dealer I no of! Plus he sorts postage give him a tinkle for it he will sort the blank out for ya for pennies well recommended

Gareth

Yeah i know of him mate.im fussy that now i know mine shouldnt have e/m i now want them coz other sports do.plus my old 1.4 had manual mirrors and i want better!lol