GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

Care to show me a picture of this "standard" rear beam and what's a "widetrack"? :) Sorry I don't know the terms in english.

The GTI beam is (40mm?) wider than the non-GTI one.

Hmm is it really? Would it be "bolt-on" kind of swap? What else use a same beam as the non-GTI Lupo? Lupos are really hard to find here, unlike there. What about Polo 6N/6N2?

EDIT: It seems it's not wider after all http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74292 What a great website this is, you find EVERYTHING on here :P

Edited by jjjkkk

Painted black. Oh and I'm well annoyed too! I wanna install the steering wheel but I don't know what it takes! Do I need to modify slip ring? Solder joints? Rewire? Never done this and never taken a wheel apart before. All possible tools are here where I am but the damn car is miles away in safe! Impossible to try and compare and check out things...

Only thing I know for sure is that these kind of wheels should fit staight to Mk5's. But will Mk5 steering wheels fit straight to Lupo? Think not...

dsc00100b.jpg

Edited by jjjkkk

should go straight on.

Mk5 steering wheel is the same as Mk4 and Mk4 steering wheels are the same as Lupo's

The airbag connection should be the same too. Of not just use the connector off the Lupo

should go straight on.

Mk5 steering wheel is the same as Mk4 and Mk4 steering wheels are the same as Lupo's

The airbag connection should be the same too. Of not just use the connector off the Lupo

You'll need the slip ring from the lupo steering wheel as the connections are wrong, also the MK4/5/6 wheels dont have a slip ring on the back so you need to mount the lupo one to the back of the wheel. Air bag connections need to be cut and re-soldered along with the earth wiring and horn.

99hjhm was a lifesaver and helped me out with the wiring on my MK6 wheel. Took him about 3-4 hours. Actually mounting the slip ring to the back of the wheel took me about 5 hours as I had to file about 4mm off the back of the wheel and the boss to get it to fit aswell as carefully drilling the mounting holes and counter sinking them.

Worth it though :shades:

_MG_4207.jpg

Come on Fatttty, do me a favour and sort a how to out!! Need summat to keep me interested in my interior!!

haha the wiring was beyond me mate, MK5 wiring is a bit different to the MK6 but I got the general jist of it. If you want any info on mounting the slip ring etc just PM me :)

Cheers buddy! Need to get myself ETKA and ELSA really so I know how stuff comes to bits and get some wiring diagrams on the go! I will no doubt be in touch at some point tho matey, I feel the need to stop spamming this thread now tho, whoops!

got same mk6 steering wheel in mine :D

not to bad to fit.

you paint the inserts black or they come black? mine are satin silver

Mines the R-Line Gloss Black. It should have the MF Buttons but I had them removed and smoothed over.