GTI on Air & S10 Minitruck

jjjkkk

wow, thank you. Yea, I wont be selling this by any means. No longer. But the car needs serious fundings and I cannot afford all of this at this point because the Chevy is on the works atm, and its been hitting hard against us all. So much stuff that wasnt realised when we started it! I want to bodydrop the Lupo as well because theres now too many bagged GTi's that are almost as low as this one. There wasnt many back then when this project was fresh. The RWD conversion will be the second main target for me but the bodydrop is the most important thing to do.

Edited by jjjkkk

wow, thank you. Yea, I wont be selling this by any means. No longer. But the car needs serious fundings and I cannot afford all of this at this point because the Chevy is on the works atm, and its been hitting hard against us all. So much stuff that wasnt realised when we started it! I want to bodydrop the Lupo as well because theres now too many bagged GTi's that are almost as low as this one. There wasnt many back then when this project was fresh. The RWD conversion will be the second main target for me but the bodydrop is the most important thing to do.

Haha no problem! I only found this thread today and read every page. Pitty some of the pictures are no longer available though! I can imagine it will take time to get the Lupo back to the standard it was, but it will be worth it in the end (if you can ever truly say it's finished!) ;) The Chevy is awesome as well, you must have some good skills to carry out the work you have. Amazing thread!

Nah, TBH I just got a REALLY good and skilled friends wrapped around me :) I basically know nothing about car sheetmetal work. I can only weld big thick stuff, and can machine and modify things. For my self, and for my friends. Like 3-pieced wheels, watercutting, engine parts, suspension parts, car body parts, tools, you name it. None of the cars would be anything like they're and will be, without those awesome guys behind them :)

• Like 1

Haven't kept that site up to date unfortunally. I got another FB where I've recently uploaded my work.

Haha, I AM insane, you're right, that's why I have this as a reminder ;)

bmzbApl.jpg

Loose screws!

utter legend haha, i want that graffiti wing on my loop!!

i liked your page on Facebook man!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FOvwmqc.jpg?1

The rear wheels are too wide for the Chevy so I had to shorten up the driveshafts.

They need to get welded of course but the fitment is REALLY tight already. The "peg"-pieces were shrinking in a freezer before press fitting.

oBH4qtt.jpg?1

IRY78KO.jpg?1

AI9s9f3.jpg?1

Also Lupo's rear fenders got some violence.

QJJLGHH.jpg?1

gJUZeiW.jpg?1

Edited by jjjkkk
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Coming along nicely. Donno about the rollcage yet will it stay.

8HgxCOE.jpg?1

Hwq8NFU.jpg?1

eYKiZjf.jpg?1

Fitting the truck's bed back on. It's on stock height, rest is bodydropped. It's quite a difference.

pDHpIjc.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...
20150530_001.jpg

20150530_002.jpg

20150530_003.jpg

Been driving this over a week now. Still a lot of stuff to sort out, mainly ECU stuff.

All original petrol related stuff has been deleted. Pump, tank, lines, etc.

Wipers deleted

Blinkers deleted from Casper's old wings (Thanks once again dude)

ABS/ESP fully deleted

Coolant reservoir deleted

Cats deleted

EVAP (eMission crap) deleted

Interior deleted almost completely

ARB deleted

Air Condition deleted

Airbags deleted

Edited by jjjkkk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...