[FIXED] banging sound from back after fitting coils

Hi,

Fitted a set of ta technics today but the i was abit unsure of the rear fitment, used a guide on here made for the lupo but the spring doesnt seem to be aligned properly at the top and bottom, like its sort of leaning/strained, even though its mounted in the correct place, not 100% on the dampers either, how much of the old damper parts do i need to use, all of them? all i used was the top mounts

Anyway, i drove it up and down the road to check it was okay but theres a really loud banging noise from the rear, sounds like either the springs are hitting something or the damper is coming too far into the interior of the car and hitting the boot surround

its a really loud and happens quite frequently, worse on bumps, any ideas?

dont need car for about a week so no urgency, just want it fixed :|

Edited by max West-York

you say how much of the old dampers do i use ? what you should use is all of the upper parts from the original set up, albeit you may need to cut down original bump stops, the rear chassis has spring location mounts like small dome area make sure your located when the car is lowered.

you say how much of the old dampers do i use ? what you should use is all of the upper parts from the original set up, albeit you may need to cut down original bump stops, the rear chassis has spring location mounts like small dome area make sure your located when the car is lowered.

If its coming from the rear more than likely one of the springs isnt located in the small dome area like said above.

Happened to mine when first setup and sounded awful over everybump until i looked underneath and noticed the spring wasnt located into the top dome properly :(

i think its abit of both but mainly cos half of the oringal damper isnt in atm, im gonna jack it up and sort it out tomorrow, christmas time for now!

and also, the top mount from the original spring, should i use that aswell?

its in at the moment cos i thought it would help it sit better but should i take it out? its sort of like a little black rubber cone

Edited by max West-York

everything you take of goes back on the replacement rear shock.

yeh i realised that makes more sense than taking bits off after i had jacked it down but it was late and i couldnt be bothered doing it again last night haha, no worries the cars only sat on the drive for a day or so anyway

ill let you know if i get it sorted tomo