American insurers

rozzer

So seeing as british insurers are being so insanely stupid about prices for new drivers on painfully slow cars i was wondering if there was anyway of getting around this but maybe getting insured by an american insurer becuase prices for 16 year olds on wrxs are still less than me on a 1 litre lupo, so what I'm asking is does anyone know if you maybe be able to get insured by an american insurer over here? thanks rozzer

Your insurance probably wouldn't be worth the paper it was written on if you managed to get insured with an American company.

If there was a way around paying the premiums don't you think everyone else would be taking advantage of it too?

The hard fact of the matter is if you can't afford to legally insure your car you shouldn't be intending to drive it.

If there was a way around paying the premiums don;t you think everyone else would be taking advantage of it t

Well that's why i was asking, and to be fair it wouldnt neciseraly be illiagle becuase you still have your car insured, and i can't find anything saying that it has to be by a british company ( if i am wrong please feel free to tell me)

For starters you'd have to have your car registered in America for them to give you an American insurance policy!

Unless you plan on exporting, registering your car in America then importing it back and driving it on American insurance.

(In which case you'd be required to have it re-registered in the UK after 1 year and pay a tonne of export and import taxes)

:rolleyes:

For starters you'd have to have your car registered in America for them to give you an American insurance policy!

Unless you plan on exporting, registering your car in America then importing it back and driving it on American insurance.

(In which case you'd be required to have it re-registered in the UK after 1 year and pay a tonne of export and import taxes)

:rolleyes:

I dont think insurance in the US works the same way as over here, thats why its cheaper

ahhhh fair enough..my bad :(