Lupo sport colour concept.

Brad.C

Right, after months of searching for a new car... swaying between 1.4 sport's, Lupo and Polo GTi's, I found the perfect car that came well in budget and will be a nice project for 2011 :)

I bought a 2001 Lupo Sport "Colour Concept". After hours of trolling the net i actually realised how rare this little car was and pretty glad i bought it :)

To be fair this car hasn't been treated well in the past. The bonnet was pretty dented (as if someone had been jumping up and down on it :angry2: ) and the rear bumper was in a pretty crap state. Never in it's life has it been polished or cleaned in fact and it had also been sitting in someones drive since June 2010!

I'm hoping to bring this car back to some form of pride and joy for myself!

(these pics are from when i picked the car up)

lupo3.jpg

lupo1.jpg

lupo2.jpg

I've owned it for a couple weeks now but yet to have driven yet! (it's killing me)

I've done little bits and bobs myself so far -

Changed the rear lights to cambridge,

Changed Front wiper arms to gti arms and blades,

Changed the wheels for the mean time,

Bought 9n rear wiper,

Changed to coilovers from my arosa,

Gave it a quick clean inside and out.

To do list before it goes on the road;

Cambelt and waterpump change,

New front disks and pads,

Mot and tax.

:coffee:

The car is currently at the paint shop being freshened up. I'm hoping to get it back at the end of the week and i'll take some decent pictures of how it currently looks.

I'll be keeping this thread as updated as i can, will need advice on some little bits so stay tuned :P

Cheers for looking and would be nice to see some feedback :)

Sell out, Arosa's FTW :lol:

Oh btw, I really wonna buy your old Arosa as it reminds me of my first Mk1 (R944 KUB) just no money :'(

Ha! I do love the arosa still :wub: Served me well for 2 years! The arosa will be up for sale in a few weeks i should imagine :)

Brad.

This is pretty cool, didn't know they done a colour concept Lupo! Look's like it has potential :D

I didn't know either until i got home after buying it, googled it and bingo :) Seem to be very rare to be honest.

Had a phone call this afternoon when i was at work from the painters. Picking the car up tomorrow morning! :D, will get some better newer pics of how it currently looks tomorrow.

Brad.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 2001 Colour Concept Sport in Jazz Blue. Its like finding a long lost brother :lol:

Wheeeeey B)

Rare car you have there. Interior looks filthy, take the seats out and give it a proper good clean is the easy way.

It sure is filthy, real shame the state it was in when i bought it although it was so cheap i just had to buy it.

No real updates as of yet, being xmas funds are short so will just have to sit tight for a while -_-

The sunroof is currently stuck open on tilt which is a tad fustrating. Hope it doesn't rain for the next couple days.

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pics :D

Merry Xmas everyone!

If its anything like my old audi a4 sunroof, there may be a manual mechanism for the roof operated by a hex key though a small hole in the head lining between the sunroof and headlining lights.

Edit: Just had a look in my arosa manual, there is a manual mechanism its hidden underneath the plastic cover that surrounds the roof control.

Edited by Brother_Will

Little update, just bought new disks and pads all round, booked in for a full service on friday inc cambelt and waterpump change :) MOT booked in for tuesday so if all goes well should be on the road 2nd week in jan :D

Sunroof is now closed just in time for the heavy downpour last night!

Arosa will be up for sale next week aswell if anyone is after a well looked after 1.0L B)

Brad.

:wub:

:shades:

cool car, as said very rare!

Cheers, wish i knew how many were actually produced! Would be nice to know :D

lovely colour :) looking good !

Thanks Neal B)

i didnt realise jazz blue was a concept colour?? was it just on certain lupos?

By the looks of it, a very small number were coulour concepts. Came in Jazz blue, Black, yellow, green and red. Very rare though :P

Update:

Just dropped my car off to get a full engine service, cambelt & waterpump change, new disks and pad and an MOT - Hope all goes well! :wub:

Edited by Brad-Arosa

Booo sell out :lol:

Nice Rare car though.

Really like that spoiler !

I've still got my mk1 and is still going strong :lol:

but £750 for the loop would you pass on it? :P

Edited by Brad-Arosa

• 2 weeks later...

CAR IS ON THE ROAD! :D

Finally got the mot, tax and insurance sorted. Straight through the mot, no advisories... although the lower valance got caught on the ramp and ripped off haha!! Picking a new one up from Lupoboz on sat.

Lovely car to drive, more pics to follow soon. A few little goodies to be ordered at the end of the month.

Brad.

Had some terrible luck the past couple days!!

Been driving the lupo since monday, really nice car to drive although things seem to be going wrong!

Tuesday, my door lock kills itself.. Paddle snapped so can't currently lock the drivers side unless i crawl through the passenger side :lol:

Last night on my way home from work at 10:30pm, puncture :angry2:, had to change that at the side of the road which wasn't too pleasent. Got up this morning to take it to get the puncture repaired.... no locking wheel nut! Must have left it at the side of the road, went to see if it was still there but to no avail :(

Tyre shop dude smashed all the locking nuts off and repaired the tyre :coffee:

Also today, took a little trip to Farhnam to see Mr Lupoboz.. Came back with a couple goodies :wub:

Took a quick snap of our loops.

IMG_0561.jpg

Got home and fitted my Gti aero wipers and arms, so much nicer. Full valet tomorrow, seats out, everything!

;)

Had some terrible luck the past couple days!!

Been driving the lupo since monday, really nice car to drive although things seem to be going wrong!

Tuesday, my door lock kills itself.. Paddle snapped so can't currently lock the drivers side unless i crawl through the passenger side :lol:

Last night on my way home from work at 10:30pm, puncture :angry2:, had to change that at the side of the road which wasn't too pleasent. Got up this morning to take it to get the puncture repaired.... no locking wheel nut! Must have left it at the side of the road, went to see if it was still there but to no avail :(

Tyre shop dude smashed all the locking nuts off and repaired the tyre :coffee:

Also today, took a little trip to Farhnam to see Mr Lupoboz.. Came back with a couple goodies :wub:

Took a quick snap of our loops.

IMG_0561.jpg

Got home and fitted my Gti aero wipers and arms, so much nicer. Full valet tomorrow, seats out, everything!

;)

lookin sweet mate