Replacing brake light switch

Would just do it yourself mate, it will take 2 minutes. Aye fairly obvious, if you trace your hand up the front of the pedal, you will feel the switch, or have a look using a torch and you'll see it straight away

also when you get the switch, push it all the way in, fit it, then pull it back out until it just touches the pedal

Edited by Henaz

Would just do it yourself mate, it will take 2 minutes. Aye fairly obvious, if you trace your hand up the front of the pedal, you will feel the switch, or have a look using a torch and you'll see it straight away

also when you get the switch, push it all the way in, fit it, then pull it back out until it just touches the pedal

It's more than 2 mins as you need to remove the panel around the top of the pedals, but thats only 2 screws. Make sure the plunger is pulled out on the switch before fitting.

• 3 years later...

I worked it out and it was the switch, at first i was panicking thinking it was the pedal box!

Mine wasn't as easy as everyone else says, it took a few go's as it is very tricky to get it lined up straight, and a pair of pliers to click it into placed helped a lot.

for updating this threads sake, that guide above helped and i paid £16 for my switch

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...