tweek your job....

si_leeds

saw this a while ago, fully legal way to bring your premium down that little bit, type in your job tittle, and it tells you the alternative name that could bring your insurance down massively.

say for example, im a lifeguard, the website told me to change to "leisure centre attendant" which is the exact same thing, took 30 quid off my premium when i entered it on a quote form.

This one?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-job-picker/

When doing my insurance last time, I tried a few things out of curiosity, changing it between unemployed, shop assistant, doctor, student, and company manager. It didn't make a difference at all. :wacko:

One thing to note insurances now check how many times you change policy details before it is bought, so say for example you want a rough ball park figure of you being a year older and having an extra years ncb so you do a quote but then go and purchase a quote that is true , then the company often sends out letters asking you to prove your details. I know of loads of examples of this so be a bit careful.

It doesnt ring true for me , im a commissioning engineer. So i put that in and the cheapest option with their job title options was a Data Processor. Thats not even close to what i do or the job title.

It worked for me, i went from Administrative Assistant to Air Conditioning Engineer and it came down, came down even more when i put Heating/Cooling Engineer which is exactly the same...

Then other sites dont even list my job titles! Wtf?

That had me confused too.

Take it you were and admin assistant, then changed jobs to an air conditioning engineer, which made it cheaper. But if you said you were heating/cooling engineer, rather than an air con engineer, then it was even cheaper still?

I've changed jobs, I used to be a Customer Advisor at the local council, and now i'm an Event Organiser at a big hotel in Swindon... so it went up £15.. how does that work, I don't even travel! :wacko:

That had me confused too.

Take it you were and admin assistant, then changed jobs to an air conditioning engineer, which made it cheaper. But if you said you were heating/cooling engineer, rather than an air con engineer, then it was even cheaper still?

That does make more sense written like that, it originally looked like the link had changed his job title lol

That's interesting! I'm a security engineer but the nearest on the list is electrical engineer... Could change to loads of different stuff that is just as similar to what I do and see which is cheapest!